DNS Sever issues for BSNL broadband - Pune

ISP
BSNL
Hi,I recently took a broadband connection from BSNL. I got a Binatone DT 845W wireless ADSL2+ router /modem from them. Configuring the same on my laptop with Windows 7 was easy.However while connecting to the internet, i'm getting an error "Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn’t exist."What is the way out? My network settings are configured to automatically obtain IP address as well as DNS server address.Please help out.Thanks,Prithesh

use opendns dns servers, 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

I use the same laptop for office. I have BSNL broadband at office as well and it does not give me the DNS error.So why am i getting this error while installing at home?

guess the office connection is already configured to an other-than-bsnl dns server.

Thanks aatuif.

Let me check if the opendns servers work.

You can also give the DNS values in the modem itself.

You can also give the DNS values in the modem itself.

Pardon my ignorance, Dilip. But how do i do that? Is it done through the 192.168.1.1 server?

Yes, you need to log in to your modem using 192.168.1.1 and browse through the pages. You will find an option to enter DNS values. Before that try entering the values in PC itself and check. If it is working, no need to log in to your modem.

Tried everything that was suggested. However i'm still facing the same issue.Called the BSNL engineer.....says he cant help over phone....will need to come home and will charge 250 rupees per visit....absolute fleecing by BSNL....thinking of canceling the service

Tried everything that was suggested. However i'm still facing the same issue.

Called the BSNL engineer.....says he cant help over phone....will need to come home and will charge 250 rupees per visit....absolute fleecing by BSNL....thinking of canceling the service
what don't listen to them .. just register the complaints .. i faced some time problem but when there eng so called line man came they don't charge anything ..

last time they told they need to take the modem to configure .. in that case i took the modem to there office .. so u can try that instead of paying 250 bugs ...

i think your office configuration is disturbing u, plz clean temp files etc, restart, even factory set the router, then again configure...............hope will work, same somtime with me