Dns Servers Problem?

• Thread starter Thread starter nparab
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,019

nparab

ISP
MTNL
Hello All, I am having a strange problem using MTNL Triband since I subscribed a month back. After every few minutes of surfing, I get a "Could not find the server at xxx.com" message when I try to open a new site. If I have any already open sites in other windows, I can browse those sites properly. But opening a new site gives me this DNS error. Then, I have to log off from my WinXP userid, and login again. After this I can browse fine again. This process keeps repeating every few minutes. I'm guessing this has something to do with DNS servers??Can anyone help resolve this?Thank You & Best Regards,Nilesh

it would be better if u could give us a much better explanationlike wat is the DNS error u get?.....naughty boy u were visiting xxx.com 😛 .....lol

Here is the error:

"Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at help.group.stumbleupon.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

hmmm............may be its a problem with firefoxtry using another browser......such as the silly Internet Explorer

It gives a similar error on IE too... Says something like "Page could not be opened" at the top, and "DNS Error" at the bottom of the error page.

hmm....check if these settings are correctgo to: Start>control panel>Network Connections>right click on LAN>select properties>go to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)>select properties& check if these Settings are correctIP: 192.168.1.2Gateway: 192.168.1.1DNS 203.94.227.70Alt DNS 203.94.243.70if these are ok then check the settings with ur browser (it is highly unlikely that it might be a prob with the browser)also try restarting ur comp.hope this helps& if still the problem persists......then i think there is some problem with ur OS

Hmm... I have the settings as "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS Server automatically" in the TCP/IP settings. I remember the MTNL help guy tell me specifically (on the phone) to make them that way. I guess I'll have to call them again and get this thing fixed up.Like you said it might also be problem with my OS. I now remember that this used to happen a bit when I used MTNL dialup also. But, never happened on my cable internet.Thanks for your help.Nilesh

Just FYI, it was a Zonealarm (firewall) configuration problem. Sorry for bothering you all with this, and thanks for the help.