DNS Problems on Excitel Broadband

i think i am still using dnscrypt since i installed it few weeks ago. i have not faced any dns errors since then!

Can u confirm if u can access any of these sites at the moment using DNSCrypt: twitch.tv, reddit.com, speedtest.net, github and bandcamp (u can access probably but it might be a slow load for these two).

If yes, then which version of it are u using? I tried the Simple DNSCrypt Client for windows and it didn't work for either of these sites.

Also on a side note, whenever this issue arises, it's always with the same set of websites/services, atleast for me.

all loading fine.
did you change your dns to 127.0.0.1?

H4B1kHP.png

Yeah. Instructions were not really clear. Accidentally found this step. Made perfect sense. Felt stupid ?

@Sushubh Ok that actually works, can u tell me in short why are we using localhost as the DNS, how does that work with SimpleDNSCrypt?

Yeah. Instructions were not really clear. Accidentally found this step. Made perfect sense. Felt stupid ?

I didn't even have instructions. Pictures weren't loading on their site for me so i did it manually. 😀

why are we using localhost as the DNS
not really an expert. what is basically happening is that you now have a software on your computer which is converting domains to ip. so to access this software running on your own computer, you have to use locahost in your dns settings. this is how your computer uses dns services powered by your own computer running on dnscrypt.

few months ago, i experimented with bind on my pi.

BIND Open Source DNS Server | Internet Systems Consortium

so to use it on my pc... i had to use the ip of the pi in my dns settings. so it connected to my pi for domain resolution.

Reactions: Xen
@Aakash Malhotra true, still not working via excitel. Today this issue has been here probably longer than ever before. I fear you might also have to resort to DNSCrypt. It'll take like 5 min to setup n u can access all sites again.