• Thread starter Thread starter Sahyadri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,726

Sahyadri

Regulars
ISP
BSNL - BBG Combo ULD 1199
In my area certain modems supplied by BSNL (UTstarcomm WA3002-G1, Nokia siemens 1600, etc) have BSNL's custom firmware installed on it.This firmware version has BSNL name mentioned in the firmware version number.The problem is that the DNS servers in the firmware are un-editable, they are set to 218.248.241.2218.248.255.212From the past few days these DNS servers are not functioning and users with this modem are unable to access any website except BSNL's and Google's websites.While using the modem in Bridge mode we can steup the DNS Servers (opendes/google dns) in LAN Card settings and it works.But when using in PPPOE mode even if we set DNS servers in LAN card to opendns or google dns it does not work.I am looking for firmwares for the above mentioned modems where we can edit the DNS settings.

Throw that modem in the dustbin (or sell it in scrap or maybe on eBay) and get yourself a proper D-Link ADSL modem. If you want ADSL + WiFi then look for Netgear ones.

I already have 4 D-Link ADSL modems worth throwing in the dustbin. 2 Nos 502T, 1 No 802C, 1No 2640T WiFi.

The only Dlink instrument still working after 1 year of purchase is "DI-LB604 load balancing router".

BSNL supplied modems are good.

The only issue is the customized firmware forced on the modem by BSNL.

I am looking for a firmware Downgrade / Upgrade so as to revert back to manufacturer firmware.

Does http://motive.bsnl.co.in/ (motive) allow firmware upgarde for BSNL Modems

Does Welcome to Motive_BSNL (motive) allow firmware upgarde for BSNL Modems

I think yes. But a few members have reported that it has bricked their modem. Try at your own risk.