DNS Error

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,800

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi , Been facing a problem for the last 2 days . I cannot access a single page and keep on getting the page not found error .. seems like something wrong with the DNS . i have checked the DNS entries and they seem proper .. i have tried enabling DHCP also but no improvement . do you think it could be the router that has conked off or is it a problem from the exchange side .. has anyone of you guys faced the same problem .

can u open the router page ????If not, then there's a problem with ur router which people hv faced earlier and this problem dissappears as mysteriously as it appears.

dns servers are fine dude.......everyone is having no problems.see if you can open your router page. if you can, check if you are properly connected.if you cant open your router page at all, then maybe there could be a problem. wait for some time and still if you dont get anything, you can always call our beloved customer care. 🙂

i can ping the router home page .. but when i go to the WAN page in the router setup it shows PVC0 as disconnected .... but it shows PVC1 as connected ....i assume that PVC0 status should be connected ..right??? ..

noTo disable pvc1 n enable pvc0 go to 192.168.1.1advancedATM VCCThere diable the virtual circuit of PVC1 n enable the VC of PVC0

tried disabling the pvc1 virtual circuit ... but the pvc0 still refuses to connect ... looks like my only hope is the MTNL customer care .... will ask them for a new router and see ... even tried resetting the modem and then loaded the settings again from the config file i had exported earlier .... even tried enabling DHCP and removing the DNS entries all together ... really looks like a problem from MTNL side ... funny thing is the ADSL light goes steady really fast ... so i am assuming there is nothing wrong with the phone line .....can anybody think of anything else i can try !!

it seems there's some prob in ur local exchange...even i had this problem once but at that time whole delhi was having this prob...so just check up with ur local exchange...enjoy!!! 😀

Also make sure theres nothing outstanding to these guys.Coz they disconnect u from the exchange if there is. And mtnl is notorious in billing.So they might have a notion u havent paid a bill of 6 months ago !!@#

Hi guys ,finally managed to solve the problem ... got hold of the technician and dragged him to my house to see the problem .. he called somone at the prabhadevi exchange and asked him to reset my settings .. whatever that means ... he then configured my router and it started working ..but one thing i have noticed is that download speed has dropped from around 22kbps to 15 kbps ... hope he has not brought me down to 128kpbs or something ... is there some way you can check this ...i will attach my statistics here .. is it a noisy line ???ADSL Status Item Downstream Upstream Unit SNR Margin 30 26 dB Line Attenuation 22 12 dB Data Rate 256 256 kbps