DNS Cache Poisoning Attack?

• Thread starter Thread starter GameTanx
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 5,193

GameTanx

ISP
Vortex Netsol
Today i got a weird alert from my ESET Smart Security's firewall.
Detected DNS Cache Poisoning Attack on the IP address 59.185.3.11

Is this serious? What happened exactly? Is that DNS Server infected?
I just started using this DNS Server today and got that warning within an hour (I reset my router yesterday since i could not login to the router page)
Now i have switched to the DNS server 59.185.3.10
Please comment.

use open dns or google dns.open dns:208.67.222.222208.67.220.220google dns:8.8.8.88.8.4.4

Will changing from MTNL DNS servers to Open DNS or Google DNS affect online gaming?Will there be lag?Btw now i got the same alert for the other DNS server too (59.185.3.10)Whats going on? Is anyone else having this problem?

DNS cache poisoning is a hacking attack and is not the problem of DNS servers. The given ip address 59.185.3.11 is the attackers ip.
what you should do is

[*] Open Command Prompt (Type cmd in run and press Enter)
[*] Type: ipconfig /flushdns
[/list]This will flush your dns cache.
Also Full scan your computer with updated Eset Antivirus and a good anti-spyware like anti-malwarebytes or any other software also scan for any rootkit with the kaspersky Tdsskiller (Freely available on kaspersky website).

Hope that helps.

I scanned my system with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool, Kaspersky TDSSKiller and MWAVScan. No infections were found.Also flushed DNS.Thanks for replying guys.