DNA A211 I - to setup in PPPOE mode and to use for multiuser

• Thread starter Thread starter shantcr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 29,577

shantcr

ISP
BSNL
Please help me to setup my new modem (DNA A211 I) in PPPOE mode and connect two computers as well. To connect my two computers i bought this new modem from BSNL, but i am unable to connect it for two computer, its working fine for single computer. I tried to set it up PPPOE mode, but even if it is saving the setting in the modem, it doesnt get changed to that mode inspite of several attempts. i always have to dial for the net connecting even after setting it in PPPOE mode, this mode is simply not working, i think i am missing something in the setup. i approached BSNL authorities, they are helpless. Secondly i want to set it up for multiple users, either by lan cable or even wireless. i tried to connect it thru wireless and lan, but its not working, its detecting the network in wireless and connecting it, but its giving "cannot display"l error while trying to browse.Please help me to set it up. thanks

if u r using PPPoE and u r able to connect in single PC but unable to open web pages in second/other pc check this thing1. dont use any ip in any pc use automaticand only for short time remove dns also for checking purpose

@shantcrThanks for the feedback.At least post brief extra comments , how you got both computers connected to Internet. .By referring the links given or otherwise.

Thanks once again.

The problem was due to a mistake in selecting VPI/VCI - 0/35 option while setting PPPOE mode. I selected 35 before instead of 32, but BSNL confirmed me that it should be 32, not 35. According to them, their old systems are 32, and the newly upgraded are 35. so I simply changed VPI/VCI in PPOE setting to 32 and the next moment its working all fine.The setting up of multi user mode was also very simple, Go to my network connections, select TCP/IP, click on properties, select "obtain IP address automatically, :select DNS server automatically", click ok, do it on all the computers similarly. simply connect the lan cable and its all working fine.

Wireless lan, just enable wireless in modem setup and assign security code and it works.

In short, the setup is very simple. thanks to BSNL

@shantcr.
I selected 35 before instead of 32, but BSNL confirmed me that it should be 32, not 35
I simply changed VPI/VCI in PPOE setting to 32
Thank you.

http://i23.tinypic.com/nlpdhs.jpg
I am BB user for two years .Mine is 0_35. IP 59.xx.xx.xx

Please confirm your page entry is 0_32 etc. (IP 117.xx.xx.xx ????). Very new information about Kerala BSNL BB users.

Yes, it is 32, i dont know how to post the pictures here, i am just pasting it here, hope u will be able to see it.
in ATM PVC configuration, VPI =0, VCI=32, here instead of 32 i put 35, that was the actual problem. They are undergoing the expansion now, which is 35.

IP address is .. 192.168.1.........

thanks

Wide Area Network (WAN) Setup

Choose Add, Edit, or Remove to configure WAN interfaces.
Choose Save/Reboot to apply the changes and reboot the system.

VPI/VCI Con. ID Category Service Interface Protocol Igmp QoS State Remove Edit 0/32 1 UBR br_0_32 ppp_0_32_1 PPPoE Disabled Disabled Enabled 8/35 1 UBR br_8_35 nas_8_35 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled 8/81 1 UBR br_8_81 nas_8_81 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled 0/100 1 UBR br_0_100 nas_0_100 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled 14/34 1 UBR br_14_34 nas_14_34 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled 1/41 1 UBR br_1_41 nas_1_41 Bridge N/A Disabled Enabled

ATM PVC Configuration
This screen allows you to configure an ATM PVC identifier (VPI and VCI) and select a service category. Otherwise choose an existing interface by selecting the checkbox to enable it.

VPI: [0-255] VCI: [32-65535]
Enable VLAN Tagging 802.1Q VLAN ID: [0-4095]

Service Category: UBR Without PCR UBR With PCR CBR Non Realtime VBR Realtime VBR Peak Cell Rate: [cells/s]

Sustainable Cell Rate: [cells/s]

Maximum Burst Size: [cells]

Enable Quality Of Service

Enable Quality Of Service

According to me in BSNL we are using vpi/vci=0/35 every where in india bacause while configuring DSLAM we only define o/35 nothing else for data services

Thanks very much for

I wud turn back definitly turn back again for more help...lol

Thanks very much for

I wud turn back definitly turn back again for more help...lol

Also you may refer "Sticky"post utstar UT3002-G4 quick reference guide in this forum. As the modem/router board is similar.