Dlink 624+ router

• Thread starter Thread starter funtus
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,636
Max,How did you check the performance? On windows or on Linux? How many walls were there between the router and the PC. Is Netgear Linux friendly on desktop, was it easy to get drivers?

Netgear sucks at Linux compatibility! If you want to use wifi with Linux then I recommend using a router connected to the Linux desktop for wifi connectivity. As for laptops, Intel 2200 PRO b/g card is very well suited 🙂

no, i am happily using this card with Linux and ndiswrapper. Planning to get a router to fix the slow speeds 🙂

What does your setup look like? Are you using multiple cards in ad-hock mode?

yep. Its Ad-hoc btw not Ad-hock 😉

hey.. I see you have done what i have been wanting to do. You see i have a desktop which has a type one modem from BSNL with 256 kpbs home plan. Now i have bought a laptop. My sister works on that desktop. i would want to work on this laptop with WiFi, without affecting the desktop. What i mean is that, how can make this laptop work on the WiFi with my desktop working as usual with this broadband connection. If i am not clear enough, please let me know..hey.. I see you have done what i have been wanting to do. You see i have a desktop which has a type one modem from BSNL with 256 kpbs home plan. Now i have bought a laptop. My sister works on that desktop. i would want to work on this laptop with WiFi, without affecting the desktop. What i mean is that, how can make this laptop work on the WiFi with my desktop working as usual with this broadband connection. If i am not clear enough, please let me know..

^ you have type1 modem . so you need a wireless
router to get wifi on Laptop . if the modem is on rent
from BSNL , then you may buy a wireless modem cum
router from market . if Local BSNL has a MT841 with
wireless card then you can opt for it . or you have to
buy a wireless router ...

btw , there is no need to copy & paste your query .
pls edit above post to delete the copied text !