Dlink 502t Or G604t Or Any Other?

• Thread starter Thread starter abhi1711
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,245

abhi1711

Guys,

I have recently signed up for BSNL's 900 UL plan and am on the lookout for a good modem/router. I have gone through a number of posts on this forum and it seems the 502T is a popular choice. Unfortunately there is an acute shortage of this model in the market and I am unable to get this router. The G604T is available and I am wondering if that will be a better choice. Although I am primarily going to use my connection with a desktop, I also have a laptop that I may want to hook up. However the G604T will come at approx another grand extra over the 502T.

Can anybody please tell me whether the G604T is as good/popular as the 502T? I do not want to go in for wi-fi if it means a compromise on quality of connection. Primarily trying to judge whether it is worth the extra money I need to shell out. Please help. 🤔

Thanks in advance,
Abhijit

TAke DSL 502T In Hyd jus 1600 /- Only re..

QUOTE(sify_hacker @ Aug 24 2006, 01:47 PM) [snapback]59757[/snapback]
TAke DSL 502T In Hyd jus 1600 /- Only re..
[/b]
That's not available in the market 🙁 And the lowest quote I have for it is Rs 1800/- in Mumbai 🙁

@Abhijit , G604T can also be a good choice . no need to worry abt its quality ...

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 24 2006, 03:03 PM) [snapback]59775[/snapback]
@Abhijit , G604T can also be a good choice .
no need to worry abt its quality ...
[/b]
Thanks Seshu... do I need to worry about any additional hardware to get the 604T connected thru wi-fi to my laptop?

i have DSL 502T and its a good router.....just remember its one very annoying drawback. One surge of fluctuation and it will leave its dsl link and you will have to restart the router to get the link back cause it does not have auto link recovery in it.

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ Aug 25 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]59898[/snapback]
i have DSL 502T and its a good router.....just remember its one very annoying drawback. One surge of fluctuation and it will leave its dsl link and you will have to restart the router to get the link back cause it does not have auto link recovery in it.
[/b]
I keep on having the same issue. Is this rectified in the new version. AFAI know they've done some changes to the D-Link 502T one is they've merged the splitter in the modem/router itself. Also has the auto link thing been done or what. Abhijitm from where were u able to get the Rs. 1600/- quote I remember buying the same for about 2k with Rs. 250/- or something charged for the drivers (the diskette) which was shameful of them.

QUOTE(jivan @ Aug 25 2006, 10:02 AM) [snapback]59901[/snapback]
I keep on having the same issue. Is this rectified in the new version. AFAI know they've done some changes to the D-Link 502T one is they've merged the splitter in the modem/router itself. Also has the auto link thing been done or what. Abhijitm from where were u able to get the Rs. 1600/- quote I remember buying the same for about 2k with Rs. 250/- or something charged for the drivers (the diskette) which was shameful of them.
[/b]

The quotes I have are 1775, 1800 and 1850 in Navi Mumbai... yesterday the guy who quoted 1800 raised it to 1825 "because there is a shortage" but he didn't have any stock. In Mumbai a D-Link reseller quoted 2250... I think the 1600 quote is from Hyd. Also, the G604T is also out of stock! So I guess its just wait n watch for me 🙁 One guy tried to dump the 524 on me...