Dlink 502t In Bridge Mode

• Thread starter Thread starter avvinaash
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,386

avvinaash

ISP
BSNL
hi, Iam using a D-Link 502T. It works fine when it is setup as PPPoE as per the suggestion given in one of the topic in this forum. But could anyone help me to configure it in Bridge mode so that there is no need to open the ports for each and every application. I have tried disabling the DHCP (as said in MTNL forum) and then configuring it in bridge mode...still no luck. Someone pls help me to fix it.Thanks,Avinash.

After selecting bridge mode & disabling DHCP
did you save the settings & reboot the modem
[save & reboot at tools / system] ...

what do you see at rebooting of modem - do
you find changes made or old pppoe setting ?

if required reset the modem by pushing a pin
into reset hole at the rear side of modem while
it is powered on for about 15 seconds . now you
can try with a dialer to connect to the net .

[ assuming that your network configuration of
the system is okay ]

Thanks for the quick reply.Yes , Iam sure that I have done a save&reboot.I have tried resetting the router and reconfiguring the modem...still the issue persists.I just got a UT Star modem ( which is given by BSNL ) from my friend for testing my network connection...and it works fine in bridge mode.R u using it in bridge mode? if so, wat is the setting you have in the modem.Is there any other suggestions.Thanks.Avinash.

I am using a different modem [Huawei] .

I'd like to know whether it is a new connection
and your modem's firmware version .

a member reported that V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530
and latter versions of firmware are reliable .

if reset is not working and changes made by you
are not saved then the modem could be faulty .

if save & reboot is not working then see this :
https://broadband.forum/lofiversion/index.php/t4671.html

tutorials are there in the MTNL section for bridge mode configuration on both 502T and UT 300r2U. IF u follow the tutorial to the word u should have no problem

Yes, I have read the tutorial in the MTNL section and only then i configured it in bridge mode. But still I am unable to connect. My concern is, will the settings differ for BSNL or still remain the same. I am using the so called reliable firmware which is mentioned in the forums....still no luck.The modem works fine in PPPoE....which proves that the modem is not faulty.Plz help me out.

What is the exact problem that u r facing?

If u are following the tutorial to the word..everything shld work properly coz they are many people who have configured bridge mode using my tut. and have not faced any problems. It could be a specific problem with ur 502T , PPPoE mode functionality notwithstanding.