Dlink 2730u for ACT ?

• Thread starter Thread starter sureshmidde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 22,625
ISP
ACT
Hi,
I have recently moved to ACT broadband. Prior to that, I was using Bsnl broadband connection. I am trying to reuse, DLink2730 if there is any possibility,

How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

I have gone through some post in this forum, where the same model is used to work with Tikona. Tried all the steps mentioned in that post, not able to get ACT working.
Let me know, if there is anything done for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Team Act,
I'm also having the same problem, i'm using act 15 mbps connection but unable to configure my wifi router D-Link 2730u, please help me, below is my registerd mobile number
Ph: 9686850851

D-Link 2730u is a modem+router, not a proper WAN router. This might NOT be possible, unless there is an official firmware that can make it function as a WAN router.
Some versions of D-Link 2750u have this functionality. However, firmware with this functionality might not be available for the 2730u.

The 2730u C1 and the 2750u C1 have exactly the same chipset with the exception of the usb port (wifi chip is also different but both chips use the same BCM43xx driver so that won't be a problem), haven't checked the U1 versions. If anyone has a 2730u under warranty and is feeling brave enough, you can try to flash the 2750u firmware onto the 2730u, steps here

Using the Dlink 2750u as a true Ethernet WAN router

If it doesn't work and hangs on boot, you could most probably re-enter crash recovery mode and re-flash the 2730u firmware. But there's a slight chance that it may get bricked, and you'll have to get it repaired at the D-Link service centre. So do so at your own risk.
If anyone does carry out this procedure, please report here so that others may be encouraged to do or forewarned not to do the same depending on the result!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I used the link mentioned above on my D-Link 2730 U.
It works like a charm.

Thanks for the help guys. I signed up just to let people know that it works !

It didn't work in my case. I did all the steps mentioned in the above link. Still I'm not getting internet connection.I have D-Link 2730 u h/w version c1.

It didn't work in my case. I did all the steps mentioned in the above link. Still I'm not getting internet connection.I have D-Link 2730 u h/w version c1.

Works fine with ACT, I moved from tikona to ACT. I had configured as Manoj mentioned when I was with tikona. When I moved to ACT, I didn't have to do anything!! ACT guy was surprised how did this work.

Thanks a lot Manoj, kudos to you.

Yes, the link seems to hv moved, but u shud hv some patience to search the keywords r8, search with words "D-Link 2750u wan router"and you will find it.

it's much better to buy a new AC wifi router with dual band ,considering the fact they are affordable and better option in the long run coz dsl is now outdated technology

I am using 2730u for railwire.I flashed the middle east firmware and then entered ppoe settings,plugged in the ethernet port in number 4 lan slot and have solid working wifi.