Disney+Hotstar News & Updates

There were always ads in the Super subscription?

bs2V85P.webp

Yes, this is why I use firefox with ublock origin to watch Hotstar on mobile

Now airtel has started renewing Hotstar on monthly basis. Until last year, I could upgrade from super by paying the difference. Now have to pay full price.

Hotstar is free through Airtel as long as the connection is alive. At least that's how it is with the Broadband.

Earlier they used to offer yearly Super plans which means you only needed to pay the difference to upgrade to Super+ or the Premium plan. Now it doesn't matter because Airtel has switched to a monthly Super plan so you need to pay the full price to upgrade.

My Hotstar subscription with Airtel Postpaid Mobile Plan is still active (till July 2023), although I closed that Postpaid plan few months back.

I can only hate Hotstar so much in one lifetime. What's the point of newer interface if they still keep forgetting my subtitle settings and also not add subtitles to newer episodes of shows that are not HBO?

Probably some Indian religious sentiment was hurt? I'm guessing beef related since it has burger in the title 🤣

So after launching the new interface, Hotstar thought about how to make people hate it. So now it skips over the recap/opening credits every time. If you want to check the recap, you need to restart the episode. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Hotstar thinks it improves the experience or probably saves them some bandwidth. Also, they are back to playing videos at high framerates.