Disney+Hotstar News & Updates

So I won't get 1080p now, if I get it through Vi? Bummer. I was going to do a 499 recharge on my other number just for this subscription.

Why does it look like Vodafone is offering Hotstar mobile-only plan? It won't even work on the web or a smart TV.

Good catch.

The Disney+ Hotstar Mobile is priced at Rs 499 for one year. The subscription plan is a mobile-only plan that can be streamed on only one mobile or laptop at a time. Users will get access to all the content on Disney+ Hotstar, but do note that you will get ads with this plan.

The existing plan I have was being offered by Airtel. No clue what to expect from Voda.

I don't get any ads in the existing plan, which expires in two days.

Disney+ Hotstar Mobile for 1 year

Validity: 1 YEAR

Airtel is also offering the same now.

This is why hate bundled plans. Give me a cheap mobile/broadband plan with no bundled BS. I will decide which streaming service I wanna join and what plan I want.

soon we would have no choice. because they would include costs for shitty basic plans in basic mobile/internet plans and we would be paying for something we are not going to use. everyone profits. probably happening already.

At least with Airtel BB, you get a Super plan but they don't take your consent before activating. I realised this after paying for the premium plan. I have two Hotstar plans active on my account right now. And they told me to contact Airtel if I wanted the Super plan removed.

Don't think so. That's what I was trying to do when I ended up with two plans.

@Samuel the premium one is expiring in a couple of days and the Airtel one is tied to my account. Also does Hotstar allow gifting?

I got Mobile only plan with Airtel postpaid. But when I tried to login on STB with that plan it did not allowed as I was already logged in on mobile. It suggested upgrade to Super or Premium plan with paying extra.
I paid Rs 401 and got Super plan for 1 year which I can login on mobile and STB.

@Venkata Ramesh Chandra V I activated Hotstar from Airtel Thanks app.
When I logged in to STB with this account, I got screen that current Mobile plan cannot be used. I can get Super or Premium plan by paying extra.
I selected Super option, then QR code appeared on TV to pay Rs 401. I paid by Google Pay scanning QR code, and Super plan got activated.

Opted for Hotstar app via Airtel Thanks app. Got Super plan worth 899. Then in the app on my mobile when I checked my account, there's an option for upgrade. Upgraded and paid the balance. Thanks everyone for your valuable information.

Reactions: SVK