Disney+Hotstar News & Updates

Good thing is I have access to premium 720p is enough for me

Last edited:
I had Hotstar VIP Plan through Airtel Postpaid. Not sure what happened to that plan as I never used that. I already had Hotstar Premium which is configured in Mobile, Amazon FireTV Stick and Airtel's XStream Box.

Now they have added download option, 1080p is still missing from VIP. You have mobile plan on big screen(720p). Who likes to watch at 720p in pc or TV. Technically they want viewers to migrate on more expensive plan

Now Hotstar VIP plan is gone, and Hotstar Mobile plan is displayed in Airtel App under Airtel Thanks.

Any way to renew vip plan now?

I guess people are better off going the Netflix sharing among family/friends. They dont have monthly so thats a thing. But much less cost so it should not feel bad.

well at least you don't have to worry about getting payments from others on a monthly basis in case of Hotstar.

but iirc hotstar switched to otp based login? that's a problem i guess.

Sharing in Hotstar is not the same as Netflix. Hotstar now limits the number of logged in devices to 1/2/4 as well (apart from simultaneous streaming limits) under the new plans. Sony Liv and Zee5 do the same. Add OTP based login to that and sharing is quite cumbersome.
Netflix & Amazon prime don't have limits on number of devices that one can log in.

This is what they have to say regarding profiles
We do not have profiles feature at the moment. We're working on it. Also, please know that Premium users can login on 4 devices and can stream content on 4 devices at the same time.

i am on premium Hotstar plan but if i stream via web browser i only get full HD resolution on 4k tv.

can’t we stream in 4k on chrome or any other browser?