Dishtv ties up with Monster.com to offer jobs search service " Monsterjobs Active"

• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,198

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Good news for all dishtv subscribers and for all youth job seekers as today dishtv annouce tie up with Monster.com for "Monsterjobs Active" Service where one can search for jobs and also services like Resume writing and Resume Blaster on the comfort of your home with dishtv.

Monster.com and Dishtv today announced an Interactive Jobs search service “MonsterJobs Active”, a user friendly interface for Dishtv subscribers, which would allow job seekers to search for jobs across the country in various industry verticals from the convenience of their homes. The range of information would also include services like Resume Writing and Resume Blaster; services through which a jobseeker can get their resume written by professional resume writer and can also send their resume to thousands of placement consultants in one go.

Speaking on the occasion, Salil Kapoor, Chief Operating Officer, Dishtv said, “It is our constant endeavor to augment customer experience by introducing innovative products & services and the launch of Monsterjobs Active is a major landmark in this direction. We are pleased to partner with Monster.com and are confident that this strategic alliance would create a compelling experience for our 5.5 million subscribers, who would now be able to quickly and easily find information that's important to them by a click on their Dishtv remote. With this unique service, World Wide Web has literally converged into the TV screen enabling anytime access and empowering the job aspirants with thousands of employment opportunities”.

Expressing his views on the unique association, Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India, Middle East and Southeast Asia) said, “We are delighted to have an alliance with convergence of the internet and TV medium will make job services easily accessible to TV viewers across cities of India. We strongly feel that job search on TV has great potential in bridging the unmet need of the audience whose access to the internet is limited. The above alliance substantiates our commitment to jobseekers to find the right job.

Technology innovation continues at a break neck speed and the convergence between TV and Internet is getting more and more seamless. Providing internet services on TV to reach out to masses across India is surely an effective way of connecting employers to jobseekers. This tie-up between Monster.com and Dishtv will allow on one hand, interactive services to be extended to the customers as a value add and on the other, help employers reach out to a larger talent pool and it also creates a very visible differentiator in the category for both Monster.com and Dishtv.

Good to see interactive services getting more focus.

And loot Money from Subscribers.. Internet is more useful than DTH with regard to Job Opportunities listings. This is just to loot money from subscribers. Similarly Tata Sky loots money with many Activ services which doesn't give any usefulness to the people.

As long as its free I don't see how they can loot money. It is another thing if they include this as 'free' and then include the package prices.

If this service is for free, then its ok, otherwise they want more and more money. Thats it. Till now "Shaadi Active" not added, so I doubt when this service would start.

And loot Money from Subscribers..
Internet is more useful than DTH with regard to Job Opportunities listings.
This is just to loot money from subscribers. Similarly Tata Sky loots money with many Activ services which doesn't give any usefulness to the people.

Well its a free service all all subscribers, and also all the active services are free on dishtv. so their is nothing like loot money from subscriber.

Not like tata sky who is charging for active services as well and looting money from subscribers.

@Saurabh_G,Tata Sky's picture quality is 110 times better than Dish TV. Though TS has less no of chs but still they did not compromise on quality. Just look at the pic/aud quality on Colors, CNBC chs, VH1, Channel [V], Zee Cafe, Zee Trendz on Dish TV.....!! I feel like vomiting whenever I see these chs on Dish TV...!!! Pathetic quality.Moral of the story :TataSky : Quality but no quantity.Dish TV : Quantity but no quality.

I haven't used Dish TV a lot to comment on that, but I disagree on the picture quality of Tata Sky. I can see pixelated images on my TV, and it hurts me no end. Signal quality is a measly 55%.

I haven't used Dish TV a lot to comment on that, but I disagree on the picture quality of Tata Sky. I can see pixelated images on my TV, and it hurts me no end. Signal quality is a measly 55%.
55% are not bad

@ajab.ghajab,Signal quality has got nothing to do with pic/quality. The pic quality that you would get at 55% will be the same of what you will get at 90%. This is because digital platforms work on the Binary concept of 0 and 1 and so the signal strength does nothing with the quality. As far as TS is concerned, I havent seen many people complaining abt the quality. As far as Dish TV is concerned, atleast 70% people complain on the pic quality.And for your information, in Dish TV the signal strength on the chs I am talking of has more than 75-80% signal strength...Still heavy pixelation issues are there. And for TS, people are happy using it even on LCD TVs, but Dish TV on an LCD is pathetic to watch.

I have Tata Sky on a small [32"] LCD. And I can say for sure that the picture looked much better on my earlier 21" CRT. Now, don't blame it on the TV since HD content - even if very limited shows amazingly well on this TV.

My neighbour has Tata Sky DTH with LCD. I have checked the pic quality myself. It was awesome. I am owning a Dish TV connection at present and use it on 21'' Samsung Plano TV and the pic quality is horrible on the chs I had mentioned. Moreover, I had checked Dish TV on an LCD in a showroom near me, the pic quality was even more horrendous. This discouraged me purchasing an LCD !

zee dish tv here on a 29" crt is horrible.

airtel iptv is pretty cool in comparison.

Ya u r correct. Dish TV on an LCD is pathetic and horrible and sucks. TS is comparitively better on an LCD !