Dishtv & Their Dealer Cheated Me

The Issue:
I opted for Dish Maxi DTH service. But ever since activation I am unable to watch many channels such as ESPN, Zee Sports, CNN, BBC, NDTV India, Aastha, Zee Bengali, Akash Bangla, 24 Ghanta, HBO, TCM, MGM, CNBC TV 18, CNN IBN, NDTV 24X7, Times Now etc. In most of the cases of the above-mentioned channels it is showing "301-Signal not found..." or else the picture is very much distorted. Even no action channels are showing.

What happened till date:
Response from Dealer:
I informed the dealer about the problem and the dealer representative said alignment of the disk antenna is done by them properly during initial installation, since some channels (Such as ETV Bengali) are coming clear and advised me to contact DishTV directly, as it is a signal related problem. And till then whenever I called up them and asked for help they are always telling me that they cannot do anything and asked me to contact DishTV company directly. If I ask to talk to the dealer directly the dealer representatives always say the owner is not present and since they are mere servant, so they are also helpless. The dealer representative sometime does not pick the phone and sometimes even disconnect the call in the middle of discussion. In short the dealer is not responding at all.

Response from DishTV:
I logged a complaint through internet (at www.dishtvindia.com with my login id 1782908) on 5 Jan 2007 at 9:30AP vide complaint # SRC-05/01/07-8928 and till date nothing has been resolved, except a reply mail saying the concerned issue had been resolved.

I could not been able to call the DishTV local helpline (1-901-180-3474/ 1-860-180-3474) as always I found it is busy and every time I had to make expensive STD (0120-4443474) calls to explain my problem directly to DishTV. I logged a complaint through STD helpline on 5 Jan 2007 at 11:50AM vide complaint # 4855035 and I was told the issue will be resolved by 24 to 48 hours. I waited 72 hours and nothing had been resolved. I called up helpline again on 8 Jan 2007 at 11AM and described everything to Mr. Sanjay. Initially he tried to push me to contact the dealer but as I resisted him saying the dealer is not responding so he told me to call some DishTV Service center at Kolkata (Mr. Pradip Gupta, Ph: 24481208/ 24495030). I found the mobile number given was wrong and when I was able to contact the so-called service center person he informed that last 6 months he is not working with DishTV. I again called up DishTV STD helpline and described everything and helpline executive again tried to push me to contact the dealer and then tried to provide me the same wrong service center number. Then he told me to discuss with his supervisor and put my line on hold. I waited more than 5 minutes and since no-one picked up the phone and it was an expensive STD call so I had to disconnect the call.

Dealer Name: Music Corner.
Dealer Phone # 033 - 25420907.
Dealer address: Helabattala more, P.S. Barasat, North 24 Parganas (On Krishnanagar Road).

I agree 100% as I have similar experience.
Customer care is really hopeless. I got DishTV recently
subscribed to
MAXI package. After 20 days it blocked my MAXI channels even though I
had paid for renewal in advance for 2 months. At Customer care number,
noone picks up. Visiting their local office provided no help to rectify
the problem. The care should realy be called Customer We Do not Care. I
think it is a scam to sign people in and charge for the set top box and
once cutomer is trapped, do not provide any service. When I visited the website they also provided option to send an email, no-one responds to the email to address the customer problem. They are more eager to collect the subscription than to provide service for that subscription.
Till this writing I still do not get channels for which I have already paid.
-Surendra

QUOTE(Abhijit Saha @ Jan 11 2007, 11:18 AM) [snapback]74541[/snapback]
The Issue:
I opted for Dish Maxi DTH service. But ever since activation I am unable to watch many channels such as ESPN, Zee Sports, CNN, BBC, NDTV India, Aastha, Zee Bengali, Akash Bangla, 24 Ghanta, HBO, TCM, MGM, CNBC TV 18, CNN IBN, NDTV 24X7, Times Now etc. In most of the cases of the above-mentioned channels it is showing \"301-Signal not found...\" or else the picture is very much distorted. Even no action channels are showing.

What happened till date:
Response from Dealer:
I informed the dealer about the problem and the dealer representative said alignment of the disk antenna is done by them properly during initial installation, since some channels (Such as ETV Bengali) are coming clear and advised me to contact DishTV directly, as it is a signal related problem. And till then whenever I called up them and asked for help they are always telling me that they cannot do anything and asked me to contact DishTV company directly. If I ask to talk to the dealer directly the dealer representatives always say the owner is not present and since they are mere servant, so they are also helpless. The dealer representative sometime does not pick the phone and sometimes even disconnect the call in the middle of discussion. In short the dealer is not responding at all.

Response from DishTV:
I logged a complaint through internet (at www.dishtvindia.com with my login id 1782908) on 5 Jan 2007 at 9:30AP vide complaint # SRC-05/01/07-8928 and till date nothing has been resolved, except a reply mail saying the concerned issue had been resolved.

I could not been able to call the DishTV local helpline (1-901-180-3474/ 1-860-180-3474) as always I found it is busy and every time I had to make expensive STD (0120-4443474) calls to explain my problem directly to DishTV. I logged a complaint through STD helpline on 5 Jan 2007 at 11:50AM vide complaint # 4855035 and I was told the issue will be resolved by 24 to 48 hours. I waited 72 hours and nothing had been resolved. I called up helpline again on 8 Jan 2007 at 11AM and described everything to Mr. Sanjay. Initially he tried to push me to contact the dealer but as I resisted him saying the dealer is not responding so he told me to call some DishTV Service center at Kolkata (Mr. Pradip Gupta, Ph: 24481208/ 24495030). I found the mobile number given was wrong and when I was able to contact the so-called service center person he informed that last 6 months he is not working with DishTV. I again called up DishTV STD helpline and described everything and helpline executive again tried to push me to contact the dealer and then tried to provide me the same wrong service center number. Then he told me to discuss with his supervisor and put my line on hold. I waited more than 5 minutes and since no-one picked up the phone and it was an expensive STD call so I had to disconnect the call.

Dealer Name: Music Corner.
Dealer Phone # 033 - 25420907.
Dealer address: Helabattala more, P.S. Barasat, North 24 Parganas (On Krishnanagar Road).[/b]

Its not the satellite service at fault (ie the broadcast). its the STB which they have provided is not working properly. Ask them to replace the same.

Here's what you do:

[*] Get a Fax No. and a mailing address for DishTV's main office.
[*] Gather evidence regarding your complaint (receipts, letters etc.) - Photocopy them.
[*] Write a letter - short and polite - informing them about your problem as well as about the two chumps passing the buck.
[*] Courier them the letter along with the appropriate photocopies.
[*] Fax them a copy of the letter, adding at the bottom that a copy of this letter along with photocopies of the receipt etc. have been mailed to them.
[/list]
About the letter:

[*] State the history of your problem in brief (along with the reference no.s etc) - but no need to go into details very much as their expected response should be to contact you on phone or send technicians to your home.
[*] Don't use phrases like "i feel cheated" etc. - in short be formal.
[*] End with something along the lines of - "I would be very grateful if the matter can be resolved soon to my satisfaction, else I would have to consider my legal options."
[/list]
If then don't do anything - send them a legal notice, and take them to consumer court.

whatever u send, send by registered post and keep proof.

and don't send originals!!!!

2 din pehle ka joke samaj main aa gaya, is liye. wait for 2 days u will also understand 😛