• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,744

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
NEW DELHI: DTH player dishtv, which pioneered the platform in India, has made the entire Sun bouquet of 15 channels available to its subscribers, in the wake of Tata Sky doing the same two days ago.
Company officials had in August told indiantelevision.com that dishtv had already signed an agreement with Sun for carrying their channels, but would wait for the Sun DTH platform to start operation and go on air simultaneously, as that had been the tacit understanding between the two companies.
However, dishtv had also then said that if TataSky went ahead with their airing of Sun channels before Kalanithi Maran's Sun DTH operations start, they would break with that agreement and start carrying the Sun channels.
"This is precisely what has happened, as TataSky started carrying the Sun channels two days ago, so we informed Sun and with their consent, have started carrying the Sun bouquet from yesterday," a dishtv official said on condition of anonymity.
The addition of Sun channels takes up dishtv's offering to 180 channels in 12 languages across the country.
With the addition of Sun channels, the dishtv south Indian language line-up will now have 17 Tamil, 12 Telugu, 12 Malayalam and 10 Kannada channels, including channels from other southern broadcasters.
The new channels are an interesting mix of genres across general entrainment, news and [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]music[/color][/color], movie and kids, in short, catering to the entertainment needs of the entire family.
In the present day scenario of emerging India, almost 10-20 per cent of the young population is dislocated from their home states for better opportunities, the company statement added.
The inclusion of new channels will also satisfy the needs of the southern language populace residing outside their home state, dishtv officials say.
Commenting on the occasion, Arun Kapoor, CEO, dishtv said, "Dishtv believes in offering variety to its subscribers. From the very beginning, we have aimed to cater to the language specific needs of the regional belt spread across the length and breadth of the country." Kapoor adds that it has been dishtv's constant endeavour to incorporate tastes and preferences of our subscribers in the offerings.
"Dishtv enjoys strong support from Southern viewers and is completely in tune with their [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]entertainment[/color][/color] preference," he says.
By this move, dishtv now has the complete southern bouquet of channels which can cater to and will be of interest for all southern language speaking audiences.
The Sun channels will be available under four different packages, namely Dish Freedom- 100 channels @ Rs. 150, Dish Freedom plus-105 channels @ Rs. 200, Dish Welcome-130 channels @ Rs. 300 and Dish Maxi-159 channels @ 350.

In this article i dont understand the statement why that TS is giving Sun tv channels for the past 2 days rather its coming to us for the past 2 weeks.
In this regard i would like appreciate the initiative taken for providing sun channels to us and we got it first ( 2 weeks back).

If you look on to the package also i dont understand the counting dont by dish tv or india television that ss music is given in all the four languages, some cartoon channels also 😗
Indiantelevision.com's > Digital Edge > Dishtv offers Sun channels to counter TataSky in southern language space

Good news for Dish Tv people.

Good news for Dish Tv people.
But still the bad news for them is that they have not added the neo channels. In this regard also we need to appreciate our TS:thumbsup:. I hope dish tv people get the channel soon and i belive again they will have similar package like TS has for gold sports pack..........

Will they charge extra for Sun and Neo like Tata Sky?
They have also hiked prices for sun channels @Rs.50 similar to that of TS. Regarding neo channels no clue as they dont have that channel as of now:hysterical:

I recommended TS to 2 guys and they have used the referral code I gave them... it is showing in my selfcare account tht 2 of the coupon r used... Any idea when will Rs.600 be added to my account??? 😀

Money got credited to my account today 😉 .... 3 more coupons left... Searching for 3 more bakras 😀 ...

Money got credited to my account today 😉 .... 3 more coupons left... Searching for 3 more bakras 😀 ...

:hysterical::hysterical:

At present all DTH TV Channel providers are giving importance to NORTH INDIA except SUN DTH. However Sun DTH must provide more English channels, Sports Channels, Children Channel etc. apart from the present channels providd by them,to compete with North Indian DTH service providers. P.R.Radhakrishnan

They cant comepete in North India but they can attract the north indian south indian people to buy their product:thumb: