• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2,347

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Dish tv is the best when it comes to regional entertainment. As they have almost all the good regional channels available on their platform and dishtv has almost maximum number of channels are available in all language Zones.Comparison Regional Channels:Language........... Dishtv...... Tsky...... Bigtv...... Sun Direct....... AirtelTamil.....................16...........11.........11...............17...............14Telugu...................14...........12.........10...............14...............9Malayalam .............10...........7...........9................12...............6Kannada.................10...........9...........9................11................8Bangla ....................7............6...........7.................6.................6Marathi...................9.............6...........8.................6.................7Punjabi...................6.............4...........4.................6..................6Gujarati..................2..............2...........2................2..................3Oriya.....................4..............3............3...............3....................3These Are the channels in the main language zones in all dth Where Dishtv: 78 and (around 90+ with other regional channels in other languages Max. Regional channels by any dth )Tata Sky:60Bigtv: 63Sun direct:77and Airtel: 61Apart from that dishtv have lot more regional channels in other languages as well which can leads their tally to around 90 channels which is more then any other DTH operator.

Good Comparison Saurabh........:thumb:

Clearly DISH TV leads in channel offerings over other DTH.

Well dishtv has quality and quantity both , As here all the quality channels are available on dishtv.

god we do have marketing people or die hard fans on this forum.

Let me point one thing out. From what I see in the comparison above, Sun DTH has more regional content compared to Dish.

In the above comparison dishtv has more regional channels then Sun Direct and also apart from these dishtv has some other language channels as well on their platform like Bhojpuri and others which makes them best for regional channels.

Good comparison.But how many channels are direct DD feed and not carried by the DTH service provider? Sun Direct satellite is co- located with DD.

SUN DIRECT & DISH TV do have benefit of additional channels received from DD Direct+, making their channel count from then any other DTH operator.
Correct number of channels carried by this operators can be found here -
Dish TV on NSS 6 at 95.0°E - LyngSat
Sun Direct on Insat 4B at 93.5°E - LyngSat

Yes dishtv has advantage of getting all the channels available on DD Direct. But at the end you will be able to recieve all the channels through dishtv. Why to separate those channels, Tell us being a dishtv subscriber are we not getting these channels, I have subscribed to dishtv and i am getting all the channels through dishtv then why i bother from where its coming for me its on dishtv. It doesn't matter whether its from dd direct or from dishtv for me its from dishtv as i have subscribe to only dishtv.

Yes dishtv has advantage of getting all the channels available on DD Direct. But at the end you will be able to recieve all the channels through dishtv. Why to separate those channels, Tell us being a dishtv subscriber are we not getting these channels, I have subscribed to dishtv and i am getting all the channels through dishtv then why i bother from where its coming for me its on dishtv. It doesn't matter whether its from dd direct or from dishtv for me its from dishtv as i have subscribe to only dishtv.
From customer's side its always good to have as many channels as possible. Its good that they can receive DDD+ channel on DISH TV & SUN DIRECT.
But the problem is with DISH TV's marketing people who always mislead people about number of channels provided by DISH TV. They claim higher numbers, but in small letters also mention that they have no control over DDD+ channels. Its good atleast SUN DIRECT doesn't provide similiar misleading claims.