Dishtv crossing limits

dishtv_info

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
Last day i have called the renewal helpline since CC is 24 hr "Ur call is important to us please be online" i am fed up with this messege..so i called renewal helpline to know about the new introduction in dishtv...there i got to hear that from now on there is no free-to-air channel in dishtvfor free cost . instead u have to pay Rs 25 penalty free (i.e grace period).this is when the renewal date expires. that means indirectly that means that u are restriced to free -to-air channels except to pay the renewal Now my question is what the Trai is doing for DTH users? any new rules that favour customers. There are making different pacakge's NDTV pack,sahara pack,cnbc pack includes(cnbc tv 18,cnbc awaaz,cnn ibn)

I think i have posted the issue about grace period in the same forum.Friend, these days, you are not allowed even FTA channels on DishTV. They show you a page saying 'Please call dishtv customer care'. You wont be able to watch FTA at all. If you want to , pay 60RS and watch FTA channels assigned by DishTV. Not all FTA channels. Only DD Direct+ Channels.calling dishtv, always dont call on 1860.. Call on 1800 (Toll Free from bsnl-mtnl landline/mobile)change 1800 instead of 1860. so that you wont be charged. all the best...

I think i have posted the issue about grace period in the same forum.

Friend, these days, you are not allowed even FTA channels on DishTV. They show you a page saying 'Please call dishtv customer care'. You wont be able to watch FTA at all. If you want to , pay 60RS and watch FTA channels assigned by DishTV. Not all FTA channels. Only DD Direct+ Channels.

calling dishtv, always dont call on 1860.. Call on 1800 (Toll Free from bsnl-mtnl landline/mobile)
change 1800 instead of 1860. so that you wont be charged.

all the best...

Thanks for the info about the toll free number Mr appus

I'm Using Dish TV in my native Place(Thriuvananthapuram)for the last 2 years.I used to pay 6months amount through online as I'm away from my home.Recently for the last one month or so I'm getting scrambled signals of Asianet,SS Music,Amrita,Zoom,Jaya,Isaiaruvi, and even the FTA channels like Kairali.I registered a complaint to the CC(Delhi) and they given a token number.After two hours some local Customer Care fellow called and asked about the compliant and replied that at that moment no technicians are available it can be rectified in 24 hrs.But I waited for more than 72hrs.After that I called that pariticular service agency and the same fellow picked the phone and responded very harshly and even asked me to surrender the Dish TV and cut the phone.Then again I complained to CC(Delhi) and also told as my renewal date is due on 29th sept,if they are unable to solve the problem I want to discontinue the service.Then they said sorry and given another number.Again the local service centre fellow(not the previous one) called me and he seems to be gentleman and carefully listened my problems and the rash response I received from his office.Also I told as my renewal date is due on 29th sept,if they are unable to solve the problem I want to discontinue the service.He told he will send one technician to check the alignment and will rectify the problem.Till now they didn't send the technician and the problem not yet resolved. Now what is the procedure to discontinue the Dish TV?Can anybody help me in this?I really fedup with the bloody customer service Also tell me if i'm choosing a new one which one is better??

I think i have posted the issue about grace period in the same forum.

Friend, these days, you are not allowed even FTA channels on DishTV. They show you a page saying 'Please call dishtv customer care'. You wont be able to watch FTA at all. If you want to , pay 60RS and watch FTA channels assigned by DishTV. Not all FTA channels. Only DD Direct+ Channels.

calling dishtv, always dont call on 1860.. Call on 1800 (Toll Free from bsnl-mtnl landline/mobile)
change 1800 instead of 1860. so that you wont be charged.

all the best...

I tried calling from 1800 from bsnl landline, and call wudn't go. And 1860 is a toll free number only for airtel landline users. Now, that sux. No priveleges for bsnl users.

As the problem is not rectified till now,I'm discontinue the service.Anybody please tell me What is the procedure to discontinue/surrender the Dish TV service.

@ganesh 1860 is not a toll free number. it costs as local call charge... you can call the same from bsnl landline /mobile as well . 1860 180 3474.These days they have made the toll free number 1800 180 3474 busy always. You wont get any time.. And,@AjitvYou can go to the nearest Dishtv dealer and return everything including dish,setupbox and VC and get a refund of 400Rs ! (make sure that you get some receipt for disconnection ! just mail the customer care and ask the procedure again and confirm from your end. I had asked before for the same, and this is what they told me... I just pay 100RS everymonth (Watch channels only 10-20 min a day these days)..