• Thread starter Thread starter sundar_milo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 12,585

sundar_milo

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hello ppl. Just bought dish tv.the dish tv ppl came to my house and installed the dish and have set the set top box. currently it is showing the free to air (FTA) channels.he has taken the form which i had asked for dish maxi package.now two days after the activation has not yet been completed. so i called the the guy who is incharge of activation.He told me to keep the set top box to channel 550(zee news) and wait for 4 hrs so that the VC gets acivated :O . so whats this waiting with the zee news channel . is it true ? did u guys did the same thing for activation?

yes i was also asked to wait & keep the box on, tuned to zee news...my activation took 12hrs roughly!!

non-sense. may be they require STB to be on to activate ur connection, as i had somewhere on this forum that ur account is mapped to ur STB.i think to save energy u can switch on stb but not tv

i can understand if they require you to keep the STB on for some time. but keeping the STB on, on a particular channel? now that seems strange. :Smaybe they are advertising for the ZEE channels. 😛

Strange as it may seem even my cable operator in Calcutta reqd me to keep the STB on for a couple of days. Over the next couple of days pay channels kept appearing slowly one by one. Am sure these STBs are from stone age

Its ON for 5 days now.Still these people in dish TV didnt activate.I need a dedicated power station for this STB to make it ON forever.