dish alignment

• Thread starter Thread starter aswinm16
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 22,014

aswinm16

ISP
cable
how can a common man align a dish?? where can we get the compass which let us know the angle of alignment???i have both Tata Sky and dishtv stb but only one dish...so i need to align the dish always..please help.....

Better to install 180cm dish, it can receive both satellites (Tata Sky and Dish)

how can a common man align a dish?? where can we get the compass which let us know the angle of alignment???i have both Tata Sky and dishtv stb but only one dish...so i need to align the dish always..please help.....

There is device which has both compass and inclinometer. But it costs a lot. Better option is install another small 60cms dish for Dish tv.

If you want to move the dish all the time then go and see the signal strength of one of the tp in Dish tv and then carefully move the dish from Tatasky to more eastwards and also reduce the elevation by around 8degs. When you see the signal quality rising peak and lock the dish for Dish tv. Do the same in opposite for Tatasky when you need it. Mark it for easier use.

fix another lnb beside the same dish which you have, then you can get both dishtv and TS without moving ur dish.:thumbsup:

fix another lnb beside the same dish which you have, then you can get both dishtv and TS without moving ur dish.:thumbsup:

Nice to hear, can u pls explain me detail :yahoo:
Thanks in advance.

Nice to hear, can u pls explain me detail :yahoo:
Thanks in advance.

just face your TS dish towards Insat4a....then fix another lnb to the right side of it to get dishtv signal from nss6.

I think my TS disc is now facing in that direction, so only thing i do now is just fix one more LNB in TS disc. Correct.:thumbsup:

I think my TS disc is now facing in that direction, so only thing i do now is just fix one more LNB in TS disc. Correct.:thumbsup:

yes but to get those signal you need either Dishtv STB or any other FTA STB to watch DD DTH channels.

is it possible to recieve the signals with just the lnb inclined to two directions without changing the dish position???