Discovery world HD

• Thread starter Thread starter srired
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,225

srired

I've recently upgraded to Tata Sky HD+ after purchasing a HDTV. I've been watching HD channels and for some reason the quality of Discovery HD channel is not that good. There is a lot of judder and the scenes with motion are very jerky (especially the scenes where the camera pans horizontally). I've been trying to fix my TV settings (thinking that it is a problem with TV settings) to reduce this effect, but not succeeded. I checked with TV showroom guys, and they said that it is the problem in transmission itself. Has anyone experienced this problem?

They have some pretty good content, but the quality of broadcast or relay by Tata Sky isn't top notch. My bet is it is the latter which is the issue. It looks more like upscaled stuff

Absolutely no problem on my TV. HDWorld looks awesome. If there is jerky motion while the camera pans, it is most likely a TV issue - as my brother has an LCD HDTV that has the same issue. I believe a higher refresh rate on the TV would probably smoothen the experience. But this is just a guess. I am not an expert on TVs 🙂

It isn't about jerky movements as much as it is about the quality of the picture. 720p stuff looks much better than what these guys show. It isn't SD, but it isn't true HD either. However, given the constraints of bandwidth can't blame them iether

It isn't about jerky movements as much as it is about the quality of the picture. 720p stuff looks much better than what these guys show. It isn't SD, but it isn't true HD either. However, given the constraints of bandwidth can't blame them iether

The original poster mentioned the jerky panning shots. 🙂

image quality wise, I see no issues at all. It is as good as what I have seen in the US. Maybe there is a difference in bigger screen sizes. I have a 46" and the picture clarity is amazing. (Both Nat Geo and HD World)

The jerky panning is visible in my 100Hz (typical; software based frequency is 400Hz) TV and I'm using Airtel HD.

Search online for similar issues with LCD TVs with "special" features such as "100 Hz" 200 Hz etc, typicall if you disable these fancy settings in the TV it resolves the issue, from some recent online blogs/articles I saw - sorry can't locate the links at the moment but check your TV manual/settings 🙂