Disconnects when someone calls using Landline

onlinehelp321

ISP
BSNL
I have bsnl broadband. The line always disconnects when someone tries to call using the same phone. I have Huawei MT880 Modem and I am dialing using the computer.Is there any solution?Thanks

Ensure all telephones/extension telephones are connected AFTER the Splitter. (PHONE) Are you connecting to Internet (broadband ) using the Dialer mode ? If so Rj11cable from ADSL port should go to the modem.PS: India is a very big country ! At least give the State name you are living.If you do not want to divulge the actual town/city/village !!Because some problem/s are state specific.

Here is what I am doingMain Line ----------------------- | | | | Broadband-------------------|----------------Telephone | | Another Telephone Main Line splits in to two line one goes to telephone and other to broadband.BTW: I am from JaipurAlso I am not using any broadband splitter ... just joined the wires using plastic tape/glue.Any Reply appreciated. Thanks

URGENT : You will damage the Modem.? The 60V DC in Telephone line has to be isolated. Why BSNL has not given you a splitter ? will cost around Rs 30 to 50 here inChennaiWhat is the modem supplied by BSNL ? or purchased by you ?GET A SPLITTER FAST. .

Is it so?I will do the needful tomorrow 100%. Though I have been in the current setup since last 2 years. The modem was supplied by BSNL for 2000/-Thanks for your help.

@onlinehelp321I think you are lucky to have used the modem for two years .Does the telephone line terminate in a box ( with PCB condenser Resistance etc )from where you connect a Rj11 telephone cable. to your instruments? ( telephones /modem )For broadband this is to be removed. Do it after getting the splitter. Otherwise ignore this info.

Thanks essbebeI think I have resolved the problem now. I have placed a splitter exactly where the telephone line enters my house. I have separated the broadband line and the telephone line using the splitter. The broadband line is directly connected to the computer and the telephone line is further divided to offer further telephone inputs. Thanks