• Thread starter Thread starter kalpik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,514

kalpik

Regulars
ISP
Airtel Turbo 1299
I have noticed that when im running heavy traffic (torrents etc).. I get randomly disconnected from the internet! The modem status page says "PPP Down". If i restart the modem, it connects fine! And the thing is that these disconnections are completely random.. Sometimes it disconnects in 10 minutes, other times it doesnt disconnect in hours! Got my modem replaced, still the same issue.. Any clues? Anyone else facing the same issue?

I have noticed that when im running heavy traffic (torrents etc).. I get randomly disconnected from the internet! The modem status page says "PPP Down". If i restart the modem, it connects fine! And the thing is that these disconnections are completely random.. Sometimes it disconnects in 10 minutes, other times it doesnt disconnect in hours! Got my modem replaced, still the same issue.. Any clues? Anyone else facing the same issue?

Which modem you use and do use use public tracker or private ??

I am on a 256 kbps, and my system has the privilege of being on 29 days and 12 hours in a month. Haven't faced this problem yet.

Which modem you use and do use use public tracker or private ??
Earlier i had the 220BX1 and now i have 110BX. My plan is 384kbps. I use private trackers and in my client, max global connections are capped to 50.

call customer care. even i had same problems. turn out to be a wiring fault. after changing the wire working fine

Wiring has already been changed.. BTW what's a decent SNR on the line?

Can someone tell me how I can check SNR?

----------

OK, mine says

Downstream: 33.3
Upstream: 13.9

Is that good, bad or acceptable?

Yes I got that, as posted above. It's 33.3 to 13.9. Are those good stats?

I also have a doubt on this particular figure:

Does that indicate the max capability of my line?

^ Great, thanks 🙂 One more question. Does that also mean that if I have to go for speeds higher than what is mentioned there, let's say 8 Mbps, I will require a change in equipment?

your upload speed should be 80% of the total upload speed.THe modem cannot handle so many connections and needs upload for some other things.cap it