Disconnection Rates

• Thread starter Thread starter nandu_n
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,823

nandu_n

I would like to know from existing dataone users about disconnections. How many times dataone will disconnect per day? I'm having 4 or 5 disconnections per day from my current cable provider.

If the Dataone is in constant use then it will not disconnect usually. This is how ALWAYS ON is supposed to function.But if you leave the connection on and switch OFF all browsers and also the Email client and also do not have the Keep ALive set for quick checks then also the ALWAYS ON is supposed to keep net connected but BSNL has done one thing for the benefit of the consumers that it has programmed the system at their own end such that the connection disconnects after 30 minutes so that the small usage of packets is also stopped. I think if you have the connection under continous use then it disconnects at 24 Hours use. Again its a security measure in case the net is being misused by an outsider. This 24 hour funda was observed by me 2-3 times in my connection when I checked usage at BSNL site. It was reading exactly 24:00:00.Otherwise the connection is very stable with BSNL.

Originally posted by nandu_n@Jul 9 2005, 12:24 PM
I would like to know from existing dataone users about disconnections.

How many times dataone will disconnect per day?

I'm having 4 or 5 disconnections per day from my current cable provider.
[snapback]15503[/snapback]
[/quote]

With DataOne in 3 months I have had 3 disconnections taking BSNL about a day and a half, each, to fix.

Otherwise the connection is stable, you can be continuously online for days. I do know that their DNS servers don't work once in a way, but you could use other DNS servers, in your DNS list.

Yes, my cable connection is pathetic.

This is excellent feed back. It seems they have started to set the 24 hour funda lately and may do it all over very soon.

sam thing i read in my A/c every24 hours it disconnect ... and within 2-3 seconds it agaain online ....

there is a disconnection every 24 hours for a few seconds while dumping the day's logs. at least that is what i guess it to be.. pupudada!

But it seems one of us does not get that clocking for days together. So that means his exchange does not have this installed as yet.

might be.. this system is there in vsnl as well and they dump anytime between 3am to 3.30am when the flow of traffic is the least.. Pupudada!