Disconnecting BSNL broadband is it a good choice??

• Thread starter Thread starter witguru
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,369

witguru

BBF Fan
ISP
Act Fibernet
Hello,
I am using bsnl broadband since 7years, i am feeling bad that i have applied for disconnection of bsnl broadband plan today.
i am currently on the 1091 8mbps 60gb plan.
the connection speed on weekends and peak hours is only 1.5mbps, maximum i have attained is 6.80mbps on speedtest.net.
i am paying 1200pm with taxes.
as with these poor speeds i am only able to use 30gb, hence i have given disconnection letter to the exchange.
i stay in koramangala,bangalore.
with bsnl i have faced, many disconnections, unstable speed, and it is really a nightmare using it.
we have act, airtel and hathway at my place. is it a good thing i am disconnecting the broadband plan??
or otherwise should i stick on to bsnl??
after reading user reviews for act and hathway i am feeling i have made a wrong decision..
what should i do?
i am considering Act broadband/Airtel....

they think ad injecting is a feature... dump them.

Bsnl is waste.i am in chennai.here worst service.i have no options to change.i am in chennai royapuram and no other isp's providing connection here.i am waiting for airtel or act to change.airtel and act are good.bsnl 8mbps 60 gb is no use here.pathetic plan.check your area feasibilty and change to act or airtel.

you have act, airtel and hathway as an option and still using bsnl for all these years. unable to use even the allocated data thanks to their service now you feeling bad for it.
wow just complete wow.

Thank you all,
i am keeping the landline, also spoken to act executive, they have told they require 3 days to give the connection.

You will enjoy life more now 🙂 Airtel gives solid connection. Don't know about ACT.

Ya go head, I too using BSNL plan 900 INR, at end of month :devil:512 kbps only, my location in Pondicherry I waiting for :clap:CFNET I plan to choose this plan 999 monthly 1:call:0 MBPS 25 GB 1 MBPS upload can anybody say it's reasonable price?

@meetdilip surely i am switching to act only... also will be last month bill after disconnecting be less??
as first month rental is charged double.

when i applied for broadband first month bill was 750+750, even after the plan changed to 1091 i paid the difference amount..

so i will not have to pay any rental for the last month or how will the charges be levied??

@witguru As far as I know the billing will be as usual. My experience is that they adjust the caution deposit advance in later bills. For that, at time you need to call BSNL and ask to acccount officer to facilitate the deduction. But recently someone stated here that you advance will be refunded only when you surrender the BSNL connection. I am not sure if it is still there and valid in your circle.

@meetdilip i am ok with paying bill for the last month also no problem as the broadband stopped working on 25th only and i have verified the same visiting selfcare portal where my broadbamd service is not active and landline plan has been provisioned.

thank you

you are unlikely to get the refund of security amount automatically. wait for a month or two. after that file a complaint with pgportal. that should help.