• Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 19,378

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
These links are part of a pay per click advertising program called Infolinks. Infolinks is an In Text advertising service; they take my text and create links within it. If you hover your mouse over these double underlined links, you will see a small dialog box containing an advertisement related to the text. You can choose to move the mouse away and go on with your browsing, or to click on the box and visit the relevant ad. Click here to learn more about Infolinks Double Underline Link Ads .

Pay Per Click Advertising by Infolinks - In Text Ads for Websites

Since the past few days, if I select any text on this forum, or on timesofindia site, an apture popup comes. Has this been added by the forum, or is it a virus on my comp.? any idea.It only comes if adblock is disabled.Is there any way for me to disable this "Apture" without enabling adblock?

I am using Infolinks but very less turnout. Hope it will improve with time.

Hey,Lately its been a bit annoying surfing and reading content on IBF because of the site being crowded with everything.Firstly the forums load time has increased and it takes time to open threads now a days, if thats an server issue fix it.Secondly because of integrating both Apture and infolinks its crowded with things to load on top of the pages.Either have Apture or Infolinks both aren't working that good.Contextual ads are not that great 🙁 I hope you look into this and take some action.This might have been suggested, if thats the case am sorry for posting a duplicate thread, point me towards that thread if it exists and close this one.ThanksRegards

Infolinks revenues have dropped to 20% from what i started using it. I guess i would switch back to kontera now.

Is the word Skype part of the filter on this forum? Why does it create a link to their website for every mention of the word?

i enabled Skimlinks . it is now a core feature of vBulletin so i believe you would soon start seeing it on all vBulletin forums...

yet another ad server to block i guess... i would probably disable it in the near future considering it is more catered at the international traffic and is unlikely to generate any revenue for me.

from the code this is the URL being called: http://s.skimresources.com/js/11194X694387.skimlinks.js

(i do realize that the feature is underlining all mentions of the keyword which is not cool.)

i also checked their website out. could not locate an opt out feature. apture and infolinks provide that functionality. sending them a query about that.

Aah. Looks nice now. JS blocked. Screw them.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

And this is just to show my finger at them:

haha