Disable "Your call is being recorded" - Xiaomi

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 17,985
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
Redmi 9 Power, and I am assuming many other Xiaomi phones give a prompt, "Your call is being recorded" when you try to record a call.

Is there a way to disable that?

Also, the recording playback happens using the earpiece and not the loudspeaker.

Google dialer?
If yes, you can't disable it.
Truecaller seems to have call recording feature without the other party being intimated.

Yes. This is not possible anymore without a third party recorder.

Thank fully samsung still includes their own dialer so I didn't had to do all this but ACR recorder still works on xiaomi phones that come with google dialer. (tested on a friend's poco x3)

1 small banner ad which is unobtrusive and comes only about 20-30% of the times I use the dialer. But this is the only recorder that has worked according to my needs on my phone. The other is Cube which is also good - but it saves the recordings by phone numbers and not contact names despite giving it all the required permissions to do so.

Banner ads on top and bottom of the app can be removed by running adguard on the background or upgrading to premium ₹529 per year

TL;DR; apps (ab)using accessibility permissions to record calls will not be allowed on play store.
They can still exist in other stores and side loaded just fine. ACR will be launching their own store to distribute all the apps they make.

Stock phone apps which can already record calls will continue to be able to record calls as they are not affected by this.