Disable bios boot messages

• Thread starter Thread starter varunbali
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 4,868

varunbali

ISP
Spectranet
MY friend just got a new pc having Intel 945 motherboard & he wanted to know how he can disable the messages such as "Verifying DMI pool data, etc" just before windows XP starts. He wants that whenever he switches on his pc the booting should begin with Win XP message. What bios settings should be changed ?

It is not possible for the PC to start straight to the OS boot screen, be it any OS. If you don't want to see all that info etc on the screen, Intel BIOS have an option called "Silent Boot" in the Boot menu of the BIOS, that just hides the info by displaying an Intel logo image during the boot process and then it goes to the boot screen of the OS.

Sorry guys, a little correction here. Its a Gigabyte motherboard featuring the Intel 945 chipset. I did as u suggested Karan & checked the standard & advanced cmos settings but I cudn't find any 'Silent Boot' option or am I missing something ?

I don't know whether a Gigabyte board would have that feature, I was referring to Intel OEM boards. Check the manual or website of Gigabyte and see if the board has any such feature. Otherwise you will have to get used to of it.