Dilemma! Should i switch to Jio Gigafiber or stick with airtel V fiber?

• Thread starter Thread starter tusharmegh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,338

Dilemma! Should i switch to Jio Gigafiber or stick with airtel V fiber?

• Total voters
ISP
Airtel
Hi everyone! Happy Holi.. Jio has already laid their fiber in front of my home 4 weeks ago. My dad talked to them and they told him that they would be starting their services in a month or so. I have been an airtel customer for more than 9+ years and i would rate their services 9.5/10. Currently on 100 mbps vdsl2 plan. My usage is around 300- 400 gbs, mainly used for media consumption. I live in Aliganj Lucknow.

What do you guys think, should i switch to Jio or stick with airtel?

Considering JioFiber is in the trial phase, you only need to pay the deposit for their router and no rental till the commercial launch, it's worth a shot, I would say. So if you don't mind having 4500 Rs blocked as deposit, it would be a good backup internet connection at least.

Not being able to port forward on Jio FTTH is the biggest downside. So if you want to torrent or use Wake On LAN feature, you are out of options.

Jio GigaFiber can be so much but right now it is so little.

Thanks a lot guys, so i will stick with airtel. Although i seriously hope they can bring FTTH on priority, they have tons of issues in VDSL2. I talked to their technician and hey told me that they have started fiber at few places in Lucknow. They are providing FTTH around 1-1.5 kms away from my home.