Different speeds on 2 different computers on wifi for mtnl

rahulsift98

ISP
MTNL Triband
I have connected 2 computers with my MTNL triband connection using help that was thankfully provided by MAX. Thanks a lot, dude!!

But, when I queried the broadband speed I was getting using testmy.net, i got very different results on both the computers.

My laptop gave the following results:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 1750 Kbps about 1.8 Mbps (tested with 1536 kB)
Download Speed is:: 214 kB/s
Tested From:: Broadband Speed Test and Internet Bandwidth Community - testmy.net resource / tool (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/07/10 - 12:17pm
Bottom Line:: 31X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.79 sec
Tested from a 1536 kB file and took 7.19 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 352.2 % faster than the average for host (net.in)
D-Validation Link:: Member Stats - testmy.net resource / tool
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1) [!]

While my Desktop gave a measly 437 Kbps with a download of only 53 KB/s

Could anyone help in trying to make me understand why this would happen?

My laptop has inbuilt wifi, while the desktop has a USB D-Link DWA-110 adaptor.

members/rahulsift98/
Welcome to broadbandforum.co
Basically both laptop and Desktop use WIFI mode. My laptop has inbuilt wifi,

while the desktop has a USB D-Link DWA-110 adaptor
Meant for reception from wireless networks
Which is the basic modem or wifi modem/router in use ?

repeat the speed tests and checkIt may be that the server doing the test for your desktop was busy that time

Thanks for the response...
I have a D-Link GLB 502-T ADSL router and a Netgear WGR614V6 wireless router
I earlier had a TATA Indicom broadband, which was really fast on both machines... but, I find the Triband much slower...
Is it a configuration problem on the desktop?
I also tried using Utorrent and am able to get download speeds of only 32-35, while used get a minimum of 150-225 on the TATA Indicom
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAISIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAISIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAISIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/JAISIN%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

If Desktop has an ethernet card try a direct LAN connection for comparison with the USB wireless adapter.