Different Modems with Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter Romeyo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,636

Romeyo

ISP
Airtel 512 kbps UL, Rs.1499
Hi people, Anyone using ADSL 2+ modems other than the ones given by Airtel?I was using ZyXEL given by Airtel when I was in Madurai for some days in our old office [2002 or 2003's] . When I opt for the connection at home they've given me the D-Link DSL-502T. This modem has some firmware bugs even with the latest firmware. The port forwarding will stop working or the settings will vanish after few days and we've to add it again. When I moved to Chennai, Airtel was not there in the area where I was residing. Hence I've to go for Tata Broadband. They gave me a lame white box which didn't work when I upgraded to 512 kbps plan. Then they gave the this Billion modem. I found the modem is really good and all the functions in the modem works fine, including the DMZ, Virtual Server and DynDNS etc. Then I shifted to this new place where we have Airtel. As I hate beetel modems from the beginning I tried configuring the DLink modem, same problem persisted with the Virtual server. Gave it to DLink's service center, got it repaired, uploaded latest firmware, no go. Then I tried this "Billion" modem which I bought from Tata with Airtel and it's been working charm for more than 1 yr now. I bought a Netgear unmanaged switch to connect my 2nd computer and I am happy with Billion+Airtel 512kbps UL. Waiting for the 1Mbps UL now 😀 Anyone else tried different modems with airtel?Regards..

the new 220BX1 is better than the old beetel modems.but surely billion modem is a class apart(seen at my friends place).i dunno y D-Link didn't work for you....i'm not a fan of D-Link myself too.. I think i would look for some Linksys model when i have more than 2 computers to connect. but also i havn't come across anyone using a linksys modem with their connection as yet. 🙂

1.Default Beetel220BX1 ( The "USP" is client TR089) best buy. Using on Dataone also. 2.Huawei SmartAx MT 882 just now on Airtel.3.Used ZyXEL Prestige 630 usb modem also on Desktop. XP Home . System crashed in Sony Laptop Xp PRO SP2.. Did not pursue further.

i am using the 220bx1...with airtel...its great...got all the features