Different MAC addresses.......

ISP
BSNL-H500
last two digits of my mac adress are 26...and in the portal it is showing it as 29!! in pppoe mode.. and its completely different when using bridge mode!!!each time i dial the connection in bridge mode, i get a different mac address..anyone facing these problems??btw i'm using Utstarcom ut300r2u modem...type 1

Me having the same problem in pppoe mode I dont know about bridged mode.For me it is showing 092 instead of 090.I have ZXDSL 531B Type IV modem.

I think everyone's having this problem.....btw i found out from yesterday's records that in bridge mode the mac address is constant but different from the one in pppoe mode....

the mac address that u see in pppoe mode is that of ur modem, where as the mac address when u dial the connection in bridge mode is that of ur lan card of ur pc.

yeah yeah...frame encapsulation is different in pppoe and bridge modes...and i found out why i got two mac addresses in bridge mode.......(bcoz i'm using both my laptop and PC to access😗)

run ipconfig/all at the commandprompt, when you are connected to internet, you can see both the MAC addresses ( of your LAN and the ppp connection)The physical address of your computer is the MAC address