Different lights on the Jio Fiber white dual band ONT LAN ports

• Thread starter Thread starter ap99
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3,763

ap99

ISP
JioFiber
I don't know how many people know this but there are different lights on the JioFiber LAN ports. I noticed it today.

So I have the white dual band ONT since more than a year now. But I had never connected a LAN cable to the router (might have connected once or twice but did not notice this then).

Today just to check whether I am getting the upgraded 150 Mbps speeds on LAN or not, I connected an old ethernet cable to the router. I got a maximum link speed of 100 Mbps (the cable is cat5 2 pairs) and the light on the LAN port was orange.
After that I connected the ethernet cable which Jio has given and I got a maximum link speed of 1000 Mbps(the cable is cat5 4 pairs) and the light on the LAN port was green.

So it seems that the lights on the LAN ports change color as per the maximum link speed of the cable. They turn orange for 100 Mbps and green for 1000 Mbps.

I found this quite interesting and so I thought I should write about it🙂

It's been like that for dunno how many years now

I’ve had cables connected to it for a year now always green but from the last two weeks two jacks suddenly show orange lights, have tested and Re crimped the cat 6 cables what could be the problem