• Thread starter Thread starter arnav_ch
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 8,839

arnav_ch

Regulars
ISP
2 mbps @ 849NU(MTNL)
Hi,what is the difference between the Grand Sports Pack+HD pack and the Mega HD pack?As well as difference between Grand Sports Pack and the Mega SD pack.Couldn't understand the difference.Thanks

Mega packs provide ALL channels on Tata Sky. That means languages outside the 2 regional allowed for other packs.

Difference between Grand Sports pack & Mega SD pack is that in addition to all the channels Grands sports pack offer, Mega SD pack offer all three Ten Sports, Ten Cricket & Ten Action channels, All ACTVE services, 12 free showcase movies & all regional channels. There's a price protection for a year & no service charge for relocation or maintenance. You add HD Gold pack to both of these packs and they become [Grand Sport + HD Gold] combo or Mega HD pack. However there is no guarantee that in future when number of HD channel increases, there will only be HD Gold pack. In future there could be HD platinum pack. Mega HD pack ensures all HD channels availability. Currently Airtel offers 14 HD channels. While TS offers only 8 HD channels but TS price is only Rs 75 while Airtel price of their all HD channels pack goes up to Rs. 150.

Hey Hardik, I also have the same query. What I wanted to ask is that, say I get Grand Sports Pack and do annual payment, and get hd gold pack also annual payment, then will I get price protection too? Also, I have to take two multitv connections so can that be added with Grand Sports Annual Payment + 1760 annually for 2nd/3rd TV?This is not an attempt to hijack your thread @arnav 😛

Price protection offered in Mega SD or HD pack means that no matter how many new channels(HD or SD) get added in future, the users who has opted for Mega packs will be able to watch it. Any new channels will be available as part of the Mega Pack at no additional cost. Even if channel prices get increased, the base price of Mega pack won't get affected.In Annual Grand Sports pack, there is no guarantee that new channels will be available as part of your pack. However you are entitled for all the channels currently mentioned as part of your packs for a year if you choose annual option. And yes you can add 2nd & 3rd multiTV annual subscriptions with Grand sports annual. In fact multiTV subscriptions can be added at any time. Even if you have only 6 months remaining of your primary base pack, you can choose annual multitv subscription.