Difference between accessing internet through datacard and mobile modem

• Thread starter Thread starter singhipst
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 16,570

singhipst

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,I have Nokia E72 which has inbuilt modem and BSNL 3g connection.I am able to connect my mobile using Nokia PC suite to my laptop and then i could use internet on my laptop.I want to know is there any difference in speed and charges if i use internet in my laptop using my mobile phone or using BSNL 3G data card.Also i would like to know is the data card tariff would be applicable to BSNL 3G mobile phone.Regards::imwink::imwink:Ritesh KUmar

Tariff is same. But your mobile and its battery may crack on prolonged use of data if the mobile is used as a modem. Rs 2500/3500 spent on a separate datacard is worth, I believe.

speed and traiff will be same but mobile ll get heat due to heavy battery usage continously its wise to use seperate 3G modem than to use mobile

Use a seperate data card if you do not have any incoming/outgoing calls on that number. No difference in charges if used in mobile or on data card. If your net usage is high i would recommend you to kindly take another sim only for data card and your regular sim for voice calls. if you use single sim for mobile and data card, it will get damaged within a month and you have to replace the sim. I have purchased a data card (Huawei 1750. Also Huawei E122 is also the same) from ebay. Heard that the data card with the bsnl @2500/- are some ordinary company. You can get the above data card @2800-2900/- from ebay. Since you are using E72 the speed in E72 & data card will be approx. same. Low end Nokia phones will have less speeds.

I read in TOI a few days ago that BSNL is offering the data card free of cost. And also the tarrif is Rs.1349 for UL on 3G.

I read in TOI a few days ago that BSNL is offering the data card free of cost. And also the tarrif is Rs.1349 for Unlimited on 3G.

BSNL provides free datacard but conditions apply.

See this :
:: BSNL 3G ::

BSNL provides free datacard but conditions apply.

See this :
:: BSNL 3G ::

Yes, Even I was told that you have to pay yearly charges in advance to get data card free. 🙂