Did I make a mistake by choosing Tata DOCOMO 3G?

• Thread starter Thread starter rupeshdnair
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 61,190
Status
Not open for further replies.

rupeshdnair

ISP
Tata DOCOMO 3G
A brief history of my issue: I took the Tata DOCOMO 3G device (7.2 Mbps) and Rs 1000 unlimited download prepaid plan from Bangalore, Karnataka. I told the representative that I will be travelling to Pune with the device and the rep confirmed that 3G service IS AVAILABLE in Pune and there will NOT be any roaming charges for me to use the service. I spent Rs 3500 in total. I tested the connection in Bangalore and it was nowhere close to 3G speeds.

So I reach Pune and started the connection and I get a message from the application saying "you are in roaming and will be charged extra" (something similar to this message). I called the Customer Service number and after putting me on hold for a couple of times the lady tells me because I got the device from Karnataka, I need to call the Karnataka customer service number.

I called the Karnataka number and the man who answered the call seemed absolutely clueless (poor chap). He told me there is no 3G service in Pune and in the same breath he says it is available on in Maharashtra...I enlightened the poor chap that Pune is in Maharashtra. He seemed completely lost. He then asks me to call after 9 AM. I asked to speak to his manager and he disconnects the phone on me.

Now, I select the "Chat Support" feature on 3G India | 3G Services | 3G Mobile Phones in India | 3G Technology | Tata DOCOMO website and chats to a representative. He tells me that I will be charged for roaming and then he tells me 3G service is not launched in Pune. According to him 3G is launched only in Shirdi. I thought....what did i get myself into.....I asked him if there is a number I can call to register my complaint and he says there is no telephone number to call and the only way is for me to walk into a tata docomo office.

I have been working in Customer Support/Tech Support/Infrastructure support service for the past 7 years and I have to say this is one of the worst Customer Support service I experienced for a long long time.

Could someone here enlighten me on my issues.
Is Tata DOCOMO 3G service available in Pune, Maharashtra?
Is there a roaming charge involved if I travel with the device?
If anyone is using DOCOMO 3G service, what kind of speeds are they getting?
Is there an option to return the device and get a refund?
What is the best option for 3G service?

Thanks in advance.

Rupesh

not launched in pune yet but hopefully soon (my cousins waiting too!)..."DOCOMO has no roaming tie-ups yet as no other operator is currently offering 3G services. Within India, you will be able to get the video call service only in the 3G circles/cities/towns of Tata DOCOMO" (saw this in da FAQ's section on their site..i guess once tata docomo laucnhes in all its 3g places, it'll be pretty decent

Hi Rupesh,To answer your questions: We have not launched our 3G services in Pune. Some users have reported experiencing Tata DOCOMO 3G signals in parts of Pune, however this is not a full fledged signal. We look to launch 3G service in Pune soon and when we do, we will inform you through Forum posts and through our Twitter/FB pages.Tata DOCOMO 3G Wireless Broadband will work on Tata DOCOMO 3G network wherever available. The data plans would be applicable as is, for on-net roaming on Tata DOCOMO network (2G and 3G). When roaming off-net on 2G / 3G networks, the data plans will not be applicable and existing roaming rates of 10p/10KB will be applicable, The actual speed will depend on the network and number of customers who are using the service at one time. 7.2 Mbps is the Maximum connection speed of the device and not the actual Connection speed. A number of different factors, including signal Strength, 3G or HSDPA Signal, and current network traffic can affect the actual speed you are receiving. There is no option to return the device and claim a refund on the same.If you have any further queries pls mail us at 'social[at]tatadocomomarketing.com' and we'll respond asap.Best Regards,Tata DOCOMO

Is Tata DOCOMO 3G service available in Pune, Maharashtra?
Officially - No; Unofficially - Yes.

If anyone is using DOCOMO 3G service, what kind of speeds are they getting?
~450 KBps on a 3.6 Mbps device.

What is the best option for 3G service?
BSNL 3G. 7.2 Mbps UL (I myself got around ~400 KBps on a 3.6 Mbps device and many people have reported much higher speed on a 7.2 Mbps device) for 700 INR per month. You need to do a 4200 INR recharge in one go. You might have heard about this. Free national roaming. I say go for BSNL 3G. Buy a Huawei E122 device off ebay.in and pair it with a BSNL 3G SIM with 4200 INR recharge and then enjoy UL usage for the next 6 months!

Speeds for all usb sticks depend on the place from where you access the net...hence the speed you get in Pune might not be the same you get in Mumbai...same will be the case for 3g usb sticks *Food For Thought*

Ok we can confirm that in Maharashtra Circle, we have now launched our 3G Services in Pune, Kolhapur, Shirdi and Nagpur.

2:48 PM it was not launched, and by 5:33 you have started the service. Docomo rocks.. 😱hyea:

Since yesterday in Pune I have the 3G icon displayed on my iPhone. I went and paid 1001 Rs for the 3G plan with 1GB data. I also SMSed ACT3G to 5333. The response SMS said it would take 2 hours, but I still have not been activated on 3G. The Docomo Live Chat rep confirmed I am still not activated on 3G but gave no clear answer as to why or when it will happen. It's now been seven hours and still nothing.@TataDocomo, can you shed any light on the matter? Anyone else? What's up with the holdup on activations? The rep in the store mentioned that since 6pm yesterday their demo computer (a netbook with a Docomo 3G datacard) had only been getting 2G speeds. Did your network crash? I did a speed test on the in-store demo PC and it was only getting 300kbps; hardly 3G speeds(!)

We'll check the issue out however we recommend you send us your Tata DOCOMO number along with this complaint to 'social[at]tatadocomomarketing.com' and we'll activate 3G for you.

Thanks @TATADOCOMO! I've just sent you an email.

@topic starter Mr Rupesh, Can you send me some photos of Tata Docomo 3G device?? if it is of Huawei, try to unlock it and use the same device with BSNL 3G SIM, but for that you have to check if the device has a sim slot or not !

@TATADOCOMO, It's now four days later and my 3G activation issue has still not been resolved. I have spoken to about 10 different LiveChat representatives every day for the past 5 days. They keep telling me to wait 24 hours or wait 48 hours. Then nothing happens at all, I'm not contacted by anyone. And I still haven't been activated on 3G. This is really poor service, no? My case reference number is 3G10480126. Is there anything you can do to escalate this?? Please, I really want to enjoy your new 3G service!Thanks in advance.

@djmac20 - We have activated the 3G service on your number. Would like a confirmation from you on the same. If you need help in queries related to 3G activation, do let us know

Yes you have, i am also tied up with this Service,

I have TATA DoCoMo No. on 6th of DEC 3G Started in Pune As per Advertise in Pune's TATA DoCoMo 3G outlet, i have Recharge as per DOCOMO plan, on 7th of DEC but Till Date they don’t have solution what is Exact Issue with Network in 3G My all Money got Waist and till Data they Don’t have Any Solution I Recommend don’t buy TATA DoCoMo 3G Its Hope Less 3G Service by NTT and we know TATA, if They have no any Solutions so Tell them Customer to Don’t buy till the problem get resolve or Refund who has Recharge.

Thanks Sunit Patil

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I think we have wait for some Other Service Provider,

Vodafone is Lunching on February

@TATADOCOMO, It's now four days later and my 3G activation issue has still not been resolved. I have spoken to about 10 different LiveChat representatives every day for the past 5 days. They keep telling me to wait 24 hours or wait 48 hours. Then nothing happens at all, I'm not contacted by anyone. And I still haven't been activated on 3G. This is really poor service, no? My case reference number is 3G10480126. Is there anything you can do to escalate this??

Please, I really want to enjoy your new 3G service!
Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

can you Please Check that my 3G's activated or Not My complaint no is NWK3G10005321
it think it waste of money ..................???

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

I have also same issue till date not Resolve this is my case no NWK3G10005321

Status
Not open for further replies.