Diagnose Mtnl Triband Broadband Problems

Hi Dude,

MTNL fixup could live up for more than 12 hrs. I again lost ADSL signal fully [NO SIGNAL AT ALL...forget about SNR]

Seems like there is something cooking in, as suddenly they make everything work and suddenly everything goes out. Any way surving on GPRS AIRTEL using my communicator as backup, it saves me from frustration of keep looking for ADSL LEDs.

I am looking for some Formal COmpliant to TRAI , about the way they approached Problem.

TRAI has a Ombudsman, to look after service levels issues.

Any one wanna come along?

Any Suggestions how MTNL should tackle these, we will try educating their staff probably. It will help us getting resolution quickly.

I am offering free traing of 10 hours to Any ADSL guy in Basic Electronics and Diagnosis of MTNL Triband Issues. SO do you guys also ....so that they PIN point problem on ground and fix it ...

Welll without any service ..🙁 as of now

QUOTE(cyberwiz @ Mar 23 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]84451[/snapback]
dont ask man..not only did they decrease the speed..the a**holes implemented port binding in my exchange & somehow my port got corrupted and the modem wouldnt log on using any other port like before..[/b]

well its lasted more than 12 hrs..i wld say that service of MTNL is ok..but its only when the net goes down which happens rarely that u have to run from pillar to post to get the issue sorted out..

Finally I am getting Correct connectivity. See what ADSL parameters I have now.

*** Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) 256 *** 256
SNR Margin (dB) 30.3 *** 26.0
Attenuation (dB) 27.5 *** 16.5
Output Power (dBm) 3.5 *** 0.4
Super Frames 535655 *** 535653
Super Frame Errors 0 *** 0[/b]

It could be an ideal situation as MTNL has changed the LINE from My office to My Exchange now no Super Frame Error or Negative Downstream out put power.

SNR at 30

I don't mind being at 256 kbps as I am paying for that plan only. Hope they will offer better in future,

Ideally super frames Upstreams should be equal to Super frames downstream. Hope it will help you analyse exact reason of problem than calling 1504 as they really dont dig deep into problem. Which Delays the solutions.

I suggest MTNL to Develop small piece of software which will Check these Parameters against the correct one and Even Can check for other stuff as well like DNS testing, Ping and Packet Loss and Should automatically report to MTNL back to resolve the situation rather user digging into the issue.

SIFY developed Trouble shoot utility which helped them quickly resolve the issues.

Cheers

Hello People,

Help me!!!!!!!!! I am constantly getting the problem from my D-Link 502T 2+ router - the USA light keeps on..but no net connectivity....i have to restart the router....help me!!!!!!1

Also i get this message in the log "TimerEvent: PPPoE not in a state to handle it; currState 6"

What is it????

:blink:

QUOTE(MTNL TORTURED @ Mar 18 2007, 08:05 AM) [snapback]83703[/snapback]
Hi,

I am facing Trinabd Frequent Disconnectivity Issues at Navi MUmbai. Following routine checkups made by MTNL STAFF.

1. Line Parameters tested OK (TTL)
2. ADSL tested OK (from MTNL Guy)

Then for 15 days they [line men and Troiband Guys] keep blaming on each other , like ADSL ppl say Line problem and Line Men Say ADSL problem.
Finally its no where getting resolved.

I attempted to study the ADSL status when connected, and Found abnormal values in SNR, Attenuation, etc which I am pasting here, and hope any one of forum may suggest what is WRONG.
ADSL Status [Just type in browser http://192.168.1.1 and you will get it. It may ask for passowrd its admin admin if you havent changed it. If its Admin Admin then ensure you change the password as well for security reasons]

Status SHOWTIME
Mode ADSL2+
Type

Upstream
[*]Rate (Kbps) Downstream 2047 | Upstream 263
[*]SNR Margin (dB) Downstream 12.9 Upstream 26.5
[*]Attenuation (dB) Downstream 31.0 Upstream 21.3
[*]Output Power (dBm) Downstream -22.7 Upstream 81.4
[*]Super Frames Downstream 6092 Upstream 6090
[*]Super Frame Errors Downstream 20 Upstream 12805
[/list]Please note that Out Power is -22.7 dBm (Negative)
SNR 12.9 downstream and 26.5 Upstream
Does this suggest something seriously wrong with connectivity.
What are your ADSL status parameters while it is running fine? Are MTNL guys ignoring something very obvious from above ADSL status paremeters.
Another Observation,

When I start using My Phone Line connected via Splitter, MTNL moden re-attempts to restore connectvity (aparent from blinking yellow Link LED).

What the phone instrument and picking the receiver up could do to the ADSL. Probably it lowers line voltage or current due to resistance and once the line voltage is normal it connects (attempts) fine. [The case was high Open , A line Problem, Read more in this page]

Any time its not connected and I pick up phone and ADSL modem would again show activity and some times it connects. Any clues or do you also face similar situations. [Well current Starts floowing you pick up phone and which helped carry ADSL signals]

Another Snap shot.
DSL Status

Status SHOWTIME
Mode ADSL2+
Type

Downstream Upstream
Rate (Kbps) 2047 263
SNR Margin (dB) 12.6 25.8
Attenuation (dB) 30.5 21.1
Output Power (dBm) -21.7 81.5
Super Frames 2125 2123
Super Frame Errors 2 12525
I hope I would be able to get some clues as I am tired of gazing at ADSL lights to bless me while MTNL staffs couldnt detect whats wrong. I am following up with senior officials again waiting for a resolution.

Any thoughts looking at the situation?

Many thanks for your time reading this post.[/b]

Hi Sanjeev,
I dosent matter whether my ADSL status is Connected, it also happens even that time.

and by the way what is the meaning of this line "Also Please Do not Quote such Long Posts while replying."????? :huh:

QUOTE(sajain2007 @ Mar 29 2007, 08:34 PM) [snapback]85313[/snapback]
Hello People,

Help me!!!!!!!!! I am constantly getting the problem from my D-Link 502T 2+ router - the USB light keeps on..but no net connectivity....i have to restart the router....help me!!!!!!1

Also i get this message in the log "TimerEvent: PPPoE not in a state to handle it; currState 6"

What is it????

:blink:[/b]

hiI mean you will need to Analyse the Status of ADSL connectivity parameters Like Signal To Noise Ratio, Attenuation of Signal, Frame Errors on Upstream and DOwn Stream Sides. This will Tell where the problem is,? Whether it is Line Problem or what?All major frequently disconnected ADSL issues can be diagnosed by looking at ADSL status in your web based interface.If you could give me following valuesRate (Kbps) 2047 263SNR Margin (dB) 12.6 25.8Attenuation (dB) 30.5 21.1Output Power (dBm) -21.7 81.5Super Frames 2125 2123Super Frame Errors 2 12525 From your interface that tell what exactly may be wrong,Cheers

Hi,
this is mine
i also face frequent disconnection i live @ dadar

details :
SNR Margin 12 12 dB
Line Attenuation 38 31 dB
Data Rate 2016 352 kbps

everyone, check your SNR. Downstream should be around 36+ and upstream should be 15+ for a stable connection.

I have a stable connection ( touch wood 😛 ) and here are my stats:

Code:
Item	          Downstream	UpstreamSNR Margin	  41.0db	21.0db   Line Attenuation  21.5db	11.5db    Loss of Signal    0             0	CRC Errors        2             1	Data Rate         256 Kbps    256 Kbps

Hey my modem status are given below .
I stay at dahisar and the modem i am using is
D-Link -glb 502 t adsl 2+ router . i face frequent disconnections and am using my usb interface for my internet connection .Am not able to use my lan interface since the lan led just blinks and goes off repeatedly .

The connection just dies off after 5mins and the modem tries to reconnect again , sometimes it reconnect sometimes the usb led blinks and goes off repeatedly .

Guys plzzz help bcoz am not at all sure wht is causing the problem . If u need any further details then tell me.G

Modem Status
Connection Status Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 260
Ds Rate (Kbps) 2045
US Margin 18
DS Margin 26
Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 37
US Line Attenuation 32
Peak Cell Rate 613 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 0
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 0
CRC Tx Interleaved 0
Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics

Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0
Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0
502T ADSL2+ RouterGLB-502T ADSL2+ Router GLB-502T ADSL2+ RouterGLB-502T ADSL2+ Router

Modem Status Connection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 256Ds Rate (Kbps) 256US Margin 22DS Margin 28Trained Modulation ADSL_G.dmtLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 4US Line Attenuation 3Peak Cell Rate 603 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 0CRC Tx Fast 4CRC Rx Interleaved 0CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode Fast Path DSL Statistics Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0Shit connection,Not even 2MBPS,I cant imagine how low my Margin would be in 2MBPS....that nows it 4.....HELP PLEASE xD

^its not that bad. 22 and 28 is fine. what do you mean snr margin is 4?from the modem status your line attenuation is 4 and 3 which is really great!

my stats are like these, also having some speed issues and reliaibility ones.Modem Status Connection Status ConnectedUs Rate (Kbps) 256Ds Rate (Kbps) 2045US Margin 17DS Margin 31Trained Modulation ADSL_2plusLOS Errors 0DS Line Attenuation 29US Line Attenuation 33Peak Cell Rate 603 cells per secCRC Rx Fast 1CRC Tx Fast 0CRC Rx Interleaved 0CRC Tx Interleaved 0Path Mode InterleavedDSL Statistics Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Hey guys check this out... I know its really wiered but thats the way MTNL is!!!

Code:
ADSL status shows the ADSL physical layer status.ADSL Firmware Version:      E.37.5.3 Line State:       Startup HandshakeModulation:      -Local/Remote Tx Power:      0.0 dB / 0.0 dBItem    Downstream    Upstream    UnitSNR Margin    0.0db    0.0db    dBLine Attenuation    0.0db    0.0db    dBLoss of Signal    0    0    CRC Errors    0    0    Data Rate    0 Kbps    0 Kbps    kbpsLatency    -    -