DHCP enabled in modem as well as router

• Thread starter Thread starter Aditya76
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,840
ISP
BSNL FTTH
I need help regarding DHCP setting in BSNL FTTH. I am provided with a basic Nokia Siemens ONT (FE and POTS port connected to landline phone, no wifi) in which DHCP is enabled, connected to Netgear router. The router acts as DHCP server and ip address ranges from 10.0.0.1 to 254. All gadgets are connected to the router only. I do not want to use Netgear in AP mode as many features are not available in AP mode. What would happen if i disable DHCP in modem (there is an option in the LAN setting of Nokia ONT). Thanks.

You need to Bridge the ONT to Netgear router. Else Double NAT problems only. If u disable DHCP in modem, then ur Router wont connect unless there is static IP for the netgear router

So what if we assign an IP from the DHCP subnet to the modem itself? Is it possible to do that? The router assumes the gateway IP, which is at the base of subnet. Maybe the second IP can be reserved statically for the modem/ONT, and the DHCP subnet can start from the third IP onwards for all connected devices... Is is possible to still access the ONT's webUI from any device?