Detailed discussion about equipment being used by Indian Telecom companies for 5G roll-out.

• Thread starter Thread starter CHOPSHOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 2,852
ISP
BSNL Bharat Fiber
I don't know much about the specific details regarding the equipment being used but seeing how Airtel and Jio both have deals with Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung for 5g related telecom gear, was hoping if people on this forum have better knowledge regarding what specific models from which Radio equipment manufacturer they are using for their 5G networks and their pros and cons with regards to the equipment being used on metrics like signal penetration, range, speed and other that can affect a user's experience (Not talking about the SA vs NSA debate).

Also seeing how both companies have placed orders with the 3 equipment manufacturers, does anyone have any resources as to which telecom circles will get equipment from which manufacturer or maybe even zones if circle is being too specific?

You know what Bhai...
Government and telcos are just doing their best with great non Chinese vendors.

But one thing I don't know why everyone from telcos to government is forgetting or ignoring is...

The radios which are connecting to smartphones...
Majority of smartphones in India are from Chinese brands.

Hate me or anything else but I'm strictly against all those trash Chinese brands. I know we can all have a debate here but everyone's gonna have a different conclusion & POV as I understand they're gonna write something from those devices too.

I know it's not user's fault too because if they see value why they're not gonna buy it?
Few years ago it was true because there were no options. But today if we can stretch the budget then there are just options and options.
Aso there's a thing that those Chinese craps have taken the budget to midrange segment (90+%) and because we all know how a common person might not understand that much and fall for branding. I don't blame them at all. Neither the seller because they're getting huge profit margins.

I know almost everything is Chinese nowadays.
But I Never get it why to add ADS/bloat/trackers/spying browsers/launchers etc. To Device?
Offline phones are so tricky as they show everything best to the normal person and it'll cost 20k+ but it won't have anything which is even worth 10k.
Just watch this video -
Source

I remember when India had border issues with China a few years ago everyone started bycott trend for Chinese products including phones. Mostly YouTubers.

Now those sold out guys are again promoting those phones as "best". Honestly I can understand it's their bread as I'm myself a content creator and that's my passion.

But the reason to bring it up here because everyday we hear news like Huawei & ZTE has been banned and other chinese stuff. But you know one thing is for sure. These trash Brands Mi, Realme everyone...
They should have been banned. Not just Huawei. Nobody is holy but I think treatment should be equal.

Anyways I'm sorry for writing this much but just had this in my head from a long time. So tried expressing here.

And not promoting my socials here (in fact I never ever did). I am going to bring a change and I have a roadmap for it. Definately in content space. I know it's gonna be hard and time taking to talk against these giants.
(Edit : Before posting this just remembered that I kept this thing a secret to myself & I was planning to begin this from 2023 but as you guys are just like a family now, I shared it.) I know many will get irritated with it.

But because of experience from many years + passion about change in a good way through my content. I'm sure someday in tech space too I'm gonna get there. Just need your well wishes guys.
I know it's gonna be a tough path but someone's gonna do it. And I'm telling you this today If I succeeded in coming 2..3..4.. or even 6 years.
I'm gonna tag this post and let you all know I succeeded to make the change and share the stuff which I made which helped making us proud and our country better. Maybe it sounds too ambitious right now... That's why... Till then no sharing nothing. It's just me your fellow 🍅.

Sorry if I said too much today. I know I might get banned again but I think I expressed myself. Thanks for reading till now if you're still doing it.

And yes guys, do share your knowledge on radio equipments used by our Telcos. We are really interested to learn about them.

@netomato I appreciate the fact that you shared your views and even though it was not related to my post but still as long as it's a good read about a genuine topic you're more than welcome to talk more about it here.

I don't know why you were banned but so far i don't see any reason for you to be banned w.r.t what you wrote here in my post and yes i did read it completely.

At least most of the modem and processors inside smartphones are still from non-Chinese brands but i do get your point because the variations of OS are still being made by Chinese brands.

The points that you raised regarding ads/bloatware/spyware and stuff well it's to make the device cheap using sponsorship money, yes that's kind of shady way to make a device cheap but the only good long lasting solution to this would be if existing Indian smartphone companies step up their game exponentially or some new companies pop up with big capital infusion behind them.

Regarding YouTubers promoting them, their are sell-outs for sure in that space but i do believe there some genuine ones as well and honestly it's because they don't have any good Indian or non-Chinese options to promote or recommend for budget or mid-range section besides Samsung being the only non-Chinese alternative which is close but still playing catch-up with Chinese brands in mid and budget section (Micromax tried to capitalize on the whole Anti China sentiment but their CEO is failing for the nth time with their products and Lava still copycats stuff from generic Chinese smartphones) Nokia is another good shout but their price to spec offering is just not that appealing mostly because of economies of scale that both Samsung and the Chinese enjoy.

All the best for your future plans and i do hope Change does come to this stagnant space of Chinese domination in smartphones at least. I believe the community here (including me) would be helpful if you wanted to discuss more about it.

@CHOPSHOT For now I've seen Ericsson Air 3219 and Air 3268 deployment on Airtel and on Jio Nokia 2nd Generation AEQE and 3rd Generation AQQE in my circle
Regarding this, which one do you thing is better as per specs and on groud performance, i understand that a fair comparison can only be made if all these equipment are provided the same back haul and are in the same location to count for interference and stuff. But if there is an advantage on a spec-sheet or something you might have noticed?

Both Ericsson Massive Mimo models perform much better than Nokia. Ericsson gives 1300-1400Mbps speeds easily whereas Nokia 2nd Gen can't cross 1000Mbps and 3rd Gen gives around 1200Mbps. But Nokia's Coverage is better than Ericsson because Nokia's Beamforming increases signal strength and Ericsson's Beamforming increases speeds

This might be slightly off-topic, well in low bands BSNL got 5g spectrum in 600 MHz range (n71), which phones support that in India?
As far as i can see neither the flagships nor any budget 5g phone supports that band.
How's this going to work then?

Also i would appreciate it if we keep banter mixed with useful info, if you just wanna joke around regarding this please don't reply.

Bro let's not forget it's BSNL so they're gonna screw up everything in the beginning and get a revival package.