Desktop Power Consumption

• Thread starter Thread starter yogi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 56,723
QUOTE(blr_p @ Jul 24 2006, 10:06 PM) [snapback]56640[/snapback]
Ahh but slight prob with that calculator is that its used for sizing what PSU to get. So its using max values for everything which won't be the case in normal use.

The values i quoted are real time values as measured by my UPS and in effect are nearly half what any PSU calculator gives.
[/b]

Yup i knw but thats the best u can get for a calculation. U can never calculate exact power consumption unless u sit with a meter next to ur PC or ofcourse u have a good UPS which gives readings. Readings would vary depending what device in ur comp is using. eg high end video card in GPU intensive game wld be running full blast cosuming max power etc

QUOTE(LoneCrusader @ Jul 24 2006, 10:55 PM) [snapback]56645[/snapback]
Paranoid?? :blink: . I was just clearin up. :huh:
[/b]

Just jokin man !

Actually Desktop Power consump. is nothing to be worried abt coz for an avg user wouldnt cost more than Rs. 100/- month

hi guys,anybody can figure out how much watts/hr (cost) is spent keeping an averagePC (say an athlon XP 2400) on for 7.5hrs in the night.reason is I am trying to calculate the total cost of dnlding stuff in the night.(when we are obviously not using the machine.. so it is bascially only be used for dnlding..)I am going for the night plan 509NU. (Have everything else ready in terms of software for auto dnlding)Now i need to figure out whether I can use my existing machine, or i need to assemble a low powermachine with large disk for this purpose.what are your thoughts on the matter?

There, NO, clicking through shit just to see a friggin pic!!

76Watts of power on an AMD 2400 !!!

not bad,

I get a similar figure using APC's applet with the monitor off, on a P3

course there are 3HDs in it too 😀

Hi blr_p,from where have to got the APC software, its a kool s/w.Please let me know were can i get this sw ..i have a APC UPS.Thanks & Regards

The pic above is from i_love_you, minus the jumping-through-hoops to see it.I got the software from the CD that came with the RS-1000, it 'might' work with lesser models. Why don't you checkout APC's website.

Hey man is there any other method to determine coz i think it's for USB device or something??I know 21 mb 20 min but on 400 mb limit is it worth to download?

thanks for the inputs!so if i get an old say amd k6 2 400 mhz cpu with board, approximately how much lesser then 75 watts will be the power consumption?

I have downloaded the PowerChutePersonalEdition software from the APC site...

Thanks

That pic is totally wrong, you need to do a self test first and then you will get the actual usage. Before that it shows any stupid crap. 76 watts of power is not enough to even power up a TV which is generally 80-100 watts.You are looking at an average of 275-350 watts of power for general PC's