• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 4,754

mhsabir

Xclusive
Staff member
ISP
Jio & Hathway
Monitor not required. Also No UPS. No Audio stuff. Pretty much for everything else will require suggestions.
Usage : Moderate, plus the intention is to be a bit future proof (atleast 3 years, if not more). Basic moderate games should work functionally, no need of high-end gaming.
Budget : 30K - Not a strict one, but dont want to throw money unless needed.

^ For a moderate user.I would personally suggest 7200 rpm sata ll or lll drives ovr ssd anyday for the price. The boot time, app response improvements you boast are negligible at the price point & capacity of the sata you get for that price. One would be really mad to spend same price for 64GB\120GB SSD when he gets 10 times bigger capacity of sata. You need more space today than performance ... Considering the ssd price, For a moderate rig ssd can be ignored until it becames affordable ...
I would simply suggest the user to experience SSD or at least try SSHD if price is a constraint... 500gb SSHD or hybrid drives available for 5-6k now.I'm currently using a Corsair Neutron GT 240gb SSD and vouch for their performance, I've also experienced SSHD in action: the boot times etc are similar to SSD, the data transfer however is like traditional hard drives which is kind of OK for a moderate user

Upvote 0
I guess mhsabir is never coming back to this thread :tongue:

Upvote 0
I guess mhsabir is never coming back to this thread :tongue:
Well I guess you are right, he already bought a new computer for all you know 😀

Upvote 0
^
One would be mad to spend 100% extra for mere the boot times improvement. I would rather wait for 30-1 minutes more than spending double ...
I personally have ssd. It's useless for an enduser unless he's a gaming freak who always want a higher fps & 1080p gaming and also always in search of multithreaded games which uses more core. Remember Even today 95% of the games in the mkt uses upto 2 cores only. A moderate user can survive with a 2 core cpu with a budget gpu, sata ll & atleast 4GB ram for the nxt 3 yrs ...

Upvote 0
^One would be mad to spend 100% extra for mere the boot times improvement. I would rather wait for 30-1 minutes more than spending double ...I personally have ssd. It's useless for an enduser unless he's a gaming freak who always want a higher fps & 1080p gaming and also always in search of multithreaded games which uses more core. Remember Even today 95% of the games in the mkt uses upto 2 cores only. A moderate user can survive with a 2 core cpu with a budget gpu, sata ll & atleast 4GB ram for the nxt 3 yrs ...
Well I guess that's a personal choice then... I really love the way SSD/SSHD work, time even if it's a few seconds matter to me, can't talk for others thoughI've been a long time user for all the above said technologies and still feel it's worth investing, consumer research also indicates that most users like faster boot time and are willing to pay the extra premium. Windows 8 is all about using all these technologies to give a pleasant user experience

Upvote 0
I have pushed it by 2-3 weeks, and yes I am bit confused by the above. I am also thinking of spending 1/2 hr to fully understand the above and come up with an ideal spec for me.
Like I said, the main usage is not gaming. Just want to be future proof (dont want any change for next 3 years, and minimal change for few more years will be great) & if its good enough for moderate gaming is more than sufficient.
I dont think I need tons of GB(not much of audio/video storage), but not sure if I should spend more for a SSD either.

Upvote 0
I have pushed it by 2-3 weeks, and yes I am bit confused by the above. I am also thinking of spending 1/2 hr to fully understand the above and come up with an ideal spec for me. Like I said, the main usage is not gaming. Just want to be future proof (dont want any change for next 3 years, and minimal change for few more years will be great) & if its good enough for moderate gaming is more than sufficient.I dont think I need tons of GB(not much of audio/video storage), but not sure if I should spend more for a SSD either.
Yes it may not be worth spending on SSD itself but do research and check out the SSHD / hybrid drive that I recommend instead

Upvote 0
SSD are too expensive ATM.
More interesting would be ddr4 gb rams. However there is no supported Mobo which can run both ddr3/4, it would be worth spending on !

Upvote 0
SSD are too expensive ATM.More interesting would be ddr4 gb rams. No supported Mobo which can run both ddr3/4 would be worth spending on !
And hence the recommendation for SSHD or Hybrid drives instead my friend, I guess we can all spend a few minutes researching on this technology considering that a large organisation like Seagate is betting their future in Hybrid Drives. Seagate continues to evolve it's Hybrid Drives while every other storage company have launched the SSD line of devices of their ownP.S: I do understand that Seagate can always move on500gb Seagate Hybrid drive costs around 5-6k now

Upvote 0
I have been in this for few yrs out of pure interest. My profession is different. Have suggested config for novice, powerusers, professionals ( not to corporates).
Here the attitude plays the major role.
Beginnersnovices never gets satisfied if a config suggested is 20-30% lesser price than their planned budget. They get a parnoid feeling like that we are suggesting them an ancient rig. Mkt nature also infuences their decision
Ex : if a guy comes for a suggestion for a basic config to just surf & multimedia.Would always start talking about i3,i5,i7 etc. Which is absolutely wth. If we suggest him a sempron , proper mobo & 4 GB ram (which is infact more than enough for his needs). He may nvr listen to us like he thinks we are still in the 20th century. If we check his status after few months. He would have probably ended up with an i3 or i5 with 2 GB ram that made him still whining about slowness (because of just 2 GB ram that he nvr cares to listen) ...
Even today 80% of the buyers in the mkt, still spending double for than what they really need ...

Upvote 0