Desktop Linux Shootout :-)

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 13,303
^heh (IMO) 😉There's one really important point (IMO) on which PCLinuxOS is lacking behind Ubuntu, as I noticed today and which gave me a lot of trouble, is that when Ubuntu is installed on a system after installin a multiple OS's on other partitions, the Ubuntu GRUB detects all the OS's and lists them automatically whereas the PCLinuxOS needs virtual spoonfeeding and all kinds of info like boot points and Kernel Image have to be filled in. 😀

Can we just discuss the distros instead of 'communication skills'.

i *was* just discussing distros until you asked me not to say "it sucks" which prompted me to write that essay, kthx.

Your essay sucked. Remember not you, but the essay sucked.

ha ha funny, now have a cuppa:

http://img263.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cuppajy6.jpg

damn this "automerged doublepost" i want to reach 1000 posts like yesterday

vishal you sure don't miss a single opportunity to mop pclinuxos 😀 . But since this is your own opinion i don't understand why others are getting heated 😛 .

ya! and lets not forget i think fedora and mandriva suck too heh

😛 heh

DOS ftw!! 😱 😛i found PCLOS and ubuntu both to be good, different in its own way.but PCLOS certainly is more user friendly. i have hardly used it though. will install it again after i manage to get my laptop fixed. :wall:

Vishal ,That image you posted was totally not required. I dont understand why you want to make it personal. So maybe before posting such things, you could just grow up.

Quadra Booting on my single SATA Drive is giving me hell lot of problems.First of all, same /home partition for all the three distros is killin me, though I don't have any other choice. Weird kinda problems have started ocurring on Windows and I just can't seem to setup OpenDNS on Ubuntu Gutsy Beta. HELP!