• Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 3,177

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
This is what I have decided. Cabinet: CoolerMaster 690 II Advanced Plus PSU: Seasonic S12II 520W Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1075TMotherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 GPU: Nvidia GTX550/GTX560/560Ti HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200rpmRAM: G.Skill RipjawsX 4GBx2 Any feedback? 😀

Go for 16GB RAM instead of 8GB.Go for Intel i7 2600K CPU or i7 2700K or i7 3820K CPU along with Intel original motherboards that come in retail box. RAM and CPU are going to be crucial. Buy the best that you can afford right now.An employee of mine bought AMD CPU and Gigabyte motherboard for his home PC. He does video editing at home and he is having problem due to overheating of PC. Cabinet and power supply can both be from cooler master. All PCs in my office have cooler master cabinets and power supplies and they have been good enough. I don't know much about graphic cards but I prefer Nvidia.Also buy original 64-bit Windows 7 along with the kit. You will save time by avoiding pirated software.

i am on a budget. this is not for me but for a cousin. so basically he is on a budget. i7 would inflate the bill massively. amd six core would probably work fine for his requirements. i am using an amd quad core processor. no overheating problem. you just need a good quality cabinet, psu and a cpu fan. i plan to get a cpu fan in case the processor requires it at a later stage. OS is not my headache. i would give him the box with ubuntu. rest is his problem.

@chomanic 3D rendering means. software like autodesk maya,max,lightwave,zbrush etc. i strongly recomend u.processor core i7 2600Kand GPU stongly go for nvidia as its have cuda cores which is most necesaary for 3D soft. go for 560Ti.Ram 8GB is enough.and 520PSU is very low. suppose overclock. so 600W is recomend.and rest as u mention.

man. i was given 30K as the budget. i do not think i have much flexibility. i am already reaching the stage where this simple configuration would cost me around 40-45K. gfx card is the least of my concern. have to get the base system. gfx card can be upgraded at a later stage if required. cabinet, psu, mb, processor are my priority. he is essentially fresh out of college and is looking for work. he is not a professional right now that his parents would invest in a system with a 20-30k graphic card 😀 (i am assuming the ones you suggested are the top of the line cards costing this much?). in any case, he is on a pretty old system right now and it takes him hours to get anything done with his 3D software etc. so anything would be a major upgrade for him. i started off with an i7 in mind. dropped to i5 and now am on amd six core processor for the costing reasons alone. my hands are very tied at the moment. i just want to give him a decent rig right now and he can probably upgrade the bits and pieces in the future when he gets paid projects from clients!

If its for rendering, isn't it better to get a firepro/quadro series gfx card?

I second that.

There was this analysis done by anadtech or tomshardware (cant remember) a few years back, where they compared a Nvidia gaming gpu with a quadro fx version. Both were identical twins hardware wise. But in applications that required 3d rendering, animations and such, the quadro would crush its gaming counterpart. The difference was just the drivers and certain standards available on the Quadro version. And hence the quadro was priced at a significant premium to the gaming card, though both were identical hardware.

Trying to dig that article out. Will post link if I find it.

Also some open source Nvidia drivers were just released. Haven't checked it out yet, but you can read into it and see if they abolish this artificial divide. Then you will be alright going for the 500 series Nvidia.

EDIT: Just saw a couple of additional post come in as I was typing mine. You are really in a spot bulding for this 3d rendering purpose on a budget. Because for graphical purposes the 2 essential components are high quality displays and workstation graphics. Just these 2 items alone would cross your budget. I guess you are left to build a normal pc with the best hardware in the available budget.

1st of all cut down the graphics card if ur going to render using revit(autocad products) coz they render using the cpu not the gpu !!! (personal experience !!) u will get the same performance with the onboard graphics if u run the machine without the graphics card ! as for the other softwares i have no clue.

i think he mostly uses autocad and sometimes maya. in any case. i have to maintain a balance between the two. this is the best i have come up with after a couple of days of brainstorming with 2-3 friends of mine who are into hardware reviewing. and i am finding it hard to locate the amd components in the local market. might have to order online from prime and other retailers. just have to get this done and deliver the box to the dude.

----------

EDIT: Just saw a couple of additional post come in as I was typing mine. You are really in a spot bulding for this 3d rendering purpose on a budget. Because for graphical purposes the 2 essential components are high quality displays and workstation graphics. Just these 2 items alone would cross your budget. I guess you are left to build a normal pc for with the best hardware in the available budget.

That is what I am trying to do here. Get a basic machine ready. i7 is simply out of the budget. AMD six cores I believe would work better than comparable Intel processors. gfx card can be replaced easily in the future.

if there is no room for budget expansion then @ this price point amd is the best bang for the buck.why r u using cooler master 690?? just get coolermaster elite 311. i m running a i7 in that and its quite cool (temp wise)and has enuf room for a card and 40-50% cheaper as well. check the specs.

right. i was given a quote of around 7-7500 for this particular cabinet couple of hours ago. would probably go for a cheaper box. thanks for reminding me 😀

----------

just realized. i have the CM 690 cabinet myself. 😛 it has been wonderful to me. 😀 not sure if advance plus is a newer variant though.

----------

man. i am sick of first collecting component details and then realizing that my dealer cannot source it from nehru place because the suppliers do not have them or have no idea about them or whatever.

i think there are a couple of companies operating in india that sell assembled computers online. anyone has any ideas here?

I think SMC would have all of the components and would also assemble it. Give them a call.How about this processor, 8 core 😀http://www.smcinternational.in/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=1786&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=75

right. looks like i would avoid my local dealer this time around and ask my cousin to get it assembled from NP himself. would give him the list of components. would save me a lot of hassle in the process.