Department of Telecom wants information of all mobile users accessing internet through their mobiles

Sushubh

Administrator
The telecom department has asked Vodafone and Idea to provide Intelligence Bureau (IB) the details of subscribers who were using internet on the mobile.

The telecom department has asked all the operators to put in place a suitable mechanism that would allow the security agencies to uniquely identify the individual user.

DoT asks Idea, Vodafone to give internet users’ info

IndianMascot

Addicts
I always wonder what Govt will do with so much of data ?? They want call info, sms info, location info and now Mobile Internet info. Only things which is still not monitored are the mobile accessories we are using :D

GeorgePB

I always wonder what Govt will do with so much of data ?? They want call info, sms info, location info and now Mobile Internet info.

I honestly think they don't have a clue, but they're doing it anyway because:

[*]They (the babus) have to give their higher-ups the illusion that they are doing actual work.
[*]They (the government) has to make a show in the media about "fighting terrorism".
[*]They (the government) want to spy on the opposition.
[*]They (the babus) want to spy on high level executives, steal privileged information, then sell it to the competition for money.
[/list]
I don't mind that they are trying to spy on private citizens en masse, because I've long given up any expectation of privacy in this country. It just annoys me that a sarkari babu, and not a judge, gets to decide who gets spied on.

kickass

Super Adm1n
with our govt storing data of a billion ppl on everything from internt usage to emails, sms etc.. no wonder the prices of HDD have gone up !! :rofl:

IndianMascot

Addicts
^^^Well said bro, Its not Thailand Flood it our Mainland Govt Mud & data storing hunger which had made a vacuum in market for HDD :rofl:

IndianMascot

Addicts
All tweets , messages , emails, status updates and even email drafts will now pass through the new scanning centre. The centre may probe further into any email or social media account if it finds a perceived threat.

All government departments will now talk to the Internet Service Providers such as Bharti Airtel , Reliance Communication, BSNL, MTNL and Tata Communications through NCCC for real time information and data on threats.

Govt to set up a national internet scanning agency - The Times of India

hitman

Regulars
Are bhai why bother .. they r babus .. they won't understand wht information they got .. They will be busy having chai ki chuski and gossiping ..