Denial of sleep

meetdilip

Computer Addict
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
Read that under Geneva Convention IV denial of sleep is a punishable offence no matter if committed by state or an individual or group. Is there any corresponding law in India in this regard ? If yes, would love to have some details.

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
hmm..there is a working hr law..but no law on sleeping..yet as most Govt. officers tend to ...... lol :D

meetdilip

Computer Addict
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
:)Denial of sleep comes under definition of torture. It is a serious crime against human rights. Do we have any lawyers here ?

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
once the person is off his work fr which there is actually a law ( which is not implemented that nicely in India ) . He is free to do what ever he likes ..so if he does nt sleep on his own he wont be putting himself in the Jail on his own :D

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
I am not sure if OP is asking question wrt to WORK. He is asking in general. Because otherwise we have call centres running at night, dont we?

anant.del

Addicts
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
but call center ppl would be sleeping in Morning those who work in Night :p

manu1991

Ancient Philospher
Regulars
Dec 9, 2006
Delhi
I am not sure if OP is asking question wrt to WORK. He is asking in general. Because otherwise we have call centres running at night, dont we?
There individuals choose not to sleep. How can that be denial of sleep?

meetdilip

Computer Addict
[OP]
Regulars
Apr 15, 2009
My question is definitely not work related. I was just looking for a law in India in this regard. India has signed Geneva convention IV but has not ratified it. According to Geneva convention and many other bodies by UN on human rights have denounced any act of torture by state, individual or a group of individuals as a punishable crime. And by its definition, denial of sleep to get any information or confession for crime committed by the individual or a third party comes under torture.I see a lot of general chit chat on this thread, please contribute on topic too :)

mhsabir

Xclusive
Regulars
Oct 7, 2006
Chennai
Not want to sound melodramatic... but in movies, they show the police (good or bad) ... torture the inmate... they even try to stress the torture by splashing water on a guy who has become semi-conscious .. so does that count in your query

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
IBF Movies 4
IBF Movies 0
Sushubh Movies 2
T Brands 9
Samuel News 0