DEN digital

• Thread starter Thread starter alian1980
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 60,282
Yup..I am using DEN digital's service Digitelly in Delhi..We get all the major channels and the STB software is easy to use..

DEN digital TV? Sounds shady.... The only decent CAS system I have seen till now is Hathway, and they also have worsened recently (EPG is no longer updated).
(Galaxzee sucks.)

How's DEN? What does it stand for?

Well DEN stands for Digital entertainment Network..I guess its part of the Star DEN group..Their service is called Digitelly..www.digitelly.in..The STB is korean made..The interface is user friendly..I get all major channels and the EPG is accurate and provides info for most channels..There are games and provision for audio channels..Though there is a little time lag when you change channels compared to Tata Sky( which I have on my other Tv)..And the best thing about it I just pay 150 bucks a month for around 200 channels including all sports channels..!:thumb::dance:

seen banners of Digitelly in Bangalore aswell, if i get 200 channels for 150 bucks i'm switching to them right now - i mean anyone would. i'm paying Rs.440 pm to TS & now more channels have been removed out of the base pkg 😡first thing this morning @ 10 is to call them 😀

Actually here in North Delhi the CAS system has still not been implemented and I guess they have surplus boxes plus we have competition between the cable guys so we're paying 150 bucks since quite a long time but I couldn't believe that I could get the digital service at the same price with just a small amount as STB security..Yea do let us know the charges in your area..

Actually here in North Delhi the CAS system has still not been implemented and I guess they have surplus boxes plus we have competition between the cable guys so we're paying 150 bucks since quite a long time but I couldn't believe that I could get the digital service at the same price with just a small amount as STB security..Yea do let us know the charges in your area..

Well i did call 'em & all you need to do is pay Rs. 777 /- for STB after which it belongs to you, then continue paying the monthly rent to your local cable wallah & nothing else. :thumb:

But sadly the connection is not available in my area yet - Customer Care says that they are yet to go in pact with my service provider & as soon as they have partnered with them they would call me 🙂

The Customer care rep was speaking good English unlike the rep when i called Siti Broadband - took 15 mins to understand the plans he explained.

Anyone knows when they will be starting their services in Mumbai, because on My cable channel they are running a scrolling that digital service will be starting soon. But the local cablewallah doesn't knows anything.......... I hope they start soon.

Well I thought I would be able to replace ma Tata Sky on our other LCD with the Digitelly box and so got one installed..And thats the TV ma mom n dad use..although pixelation was less compared to TS..They did not like the slow interface of the STB(it takes full 2 seconds to change channels)..plus the sound level is not uniform for all channels..The volume changes when you change channels..And to top it all the service was down for 2 hours!!!!!!..When we called the cable guy he said there s some maintenance wrk going on in the control room..and so dad recharged the Tata Sky connection again..They re too used to TS..But we're keepin this one for the local channels(Metro Nation, Delhi AajTak and Sahara NCR)..

Well I thought I would be able to replace ma Tata Sky on our other LCD with the Digitelly box and so got one installed..And thats the TV ma mom n dad use..although pixelation was less compared to TS..They did not like the slow interface of the STB(it takes full 2 seconds to change channels)..plus the sound level is not uniform for all channels..The volume changes when you change channels..And to top it all the service was down for 2 hours!!!!!!..When we called the cable guy he said there s some maintenance wrk going on in the control room..and so dad recharged the Tata Sky connection again..They re too used to TS..But we're keepin this one for the local channels(Metro Nation, Delhi AajTak and Sahara NCR)..

That means the service is not all that good??? How about the customer care? Do they provide any exclusive channel? Very recently DEN Star got the rights to distribute MGM channel via cable.

Well I dont get MGM..but I get all other movie channels..and many channels that are not on Tata Sky:Bindass MoviesFirangiDelhi Aajtak/Metronation(Full Screen)/Sahara NCR/IBN7Music India/ETC/B4U Music/9XM/Yo MusicPlus all the Sports channels(including Zee Sports)They do have a toll free number and although the guys are courteous they really are not a great help as many issues are due to regional control rooms..Even at this moment half of the channels are facing a black out...Dunno for what reason..The service is not very reliable and you might miss your favorite shows..

Hi Anupam, just got installed the new Digitelly box at my home yesterday, here in new mumbai. There are not much channels that they are offering. We are just getting 154 channels, and a major chunk is dedicated to the reginal channels. I am not getting Firangi, World Movies, TV 5 Monde, NDTV Lumerie which were the most sought after by me. Do you get these channels? Any foriegn channels such as NHK world, KBS world etc?

Well maybe there is some differnce in the packages there in Mumbai..Even I dont get any major International channels..Except CBeebies/BBC Entertainment..But I am getting Firangi,World Movies and all major popular channels..I called them to ask about Lumiere and Imagine Showbiz, they said they will register my feedback and maybe add them in the near future..Even the radio channels have not started yet..

Thanks, yes even here they have not launched the radio channels, but I am getting Imagine Showbiz. Lets hope they start adding the most sought after channels soon. Thanks for the update. Keep me posted of any new developemtns.

Can anyone please post the list of channels available in DEN digital.Iam based in Bangalore. Please.its very urgent. Thanks in advancce