Demonetization of Rs. 2000 note

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 7,038
Just 15 days back I had been to HDFC bank to deposit some amount. Cash counter person was asking everyone who came to withdraw money whether they want Rs 500 or 2000 notes. Nobody was saying they want Rs 2000, yet cash counter person never stopped asking.

Anyone went to banks? It seems there are few queues based on news media. StanChart has been mailing constantly to do rekyc. I was wondering if it's worth it to travel to their branch in this heat this week.

Went to a bank. Noticed that they were sending their employees to padosi sbi branch to exchange notes for a customer who came with a bundle. Probably a big client.

Another bank branch still had the rbi notice announcing the introduction of 2000 rupee note prominently displayed. So that was amusing a bunch of customers.

After this govt decision, Bank employees be like " Yeh kaunsi meeting hai jaha Hume nahi bulate.."

I dont have any 2000 notes

Happy Dallas Stars GIF by NHL

Last edited by a moderator:
So, i spoke to my mom and she said a couple of years ago you had said not to keep any 2000 ka note, so she had given whatever she had to my older brother who got it deposited/exchanged etc. And then I did remember I said that after reading one such article. May have mentioned/discussed here on the forum as well. Having said that not sure if there still be hidden/forgotten stuff. Need to tell others in family as well.

Yesterday went for shopping at big cloths store. Bill was of Rs 1400, I gave Rs 2000 note. Counter girl accepted without any hassle.
Have 1 more to spend, thinking to spend at Petrol pump.