Demonetization of Rs. 2000 note

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 7,019
Only ten notes can be exchanged at one bank lol.

So no limits on deposit. Of course you need to have an explanation.

Rbi says it remains valid tender till September. Like any shopkeeper would accept it now.

Haven't seen a 2000rs note for nearly 3 years now. Most common people won't be affected as circulation was already very less for 2000 note.
Only people who would be affected are those with large piles of it and their balance sheet doesn't allow them to deposit it in the bank 😂

Handful of notes is not really a problem. Any shopkeeper doing business properly would accept it as it goes directly into his bank account. I dumped the five I had in my wallet just this evening at my local market.

Plus you can always just deposit it in your own account.

But if you have gaddis of unaccounted 2000 rupee notes... That might require some creative thinking.

I think i only have one, that too i got because a uncle wanted change.

Only worried about long queues at bank. The big guys will use their employees to deposit small amounts like last time and other insider tricks.

yeah this is why i am not going to go to bank for exchange or deposit. just planning to use any new note that is found at home to shop in local market at bigger stores that seem to have no problem accepting the note as it is going to get deposited in the bank in any case. smaller stores might not accept it though. might stop using Grofers or Amazon for bigger value items like ghee or refined and just get them local if the notes keep on appearing out of nowhere 🥺

during demonetization, 86% of all notes were basically rendered worthless. this time around i think the number of notes is not going to be significant. amount is larger. and people with political influence are likely to use backdoor to get their replacement notes. i am guessing this is going to hit real estate sector again in near future. situation might get clear on 23rd.

this government makes too many u-turns so i am not going to wait to dump any note i find at my place. i am sure the policy they announced yesterday would be modified too many times by the time september arrives.

Wtf this even means ^

Good news i forgot i gave that 2k note to my mother and she used it somewhere before this news. So yeah no known 2k notes right now. 🙂

2. Hassle-free Deposits: You can conveniently deposit any quantity of ₹2000 banknotes into your HDFC Bank account at any branch until September 30, 2023.

3. Easy Exchange: We offer a hassle-free exchange service at any HDFC Bank branch from May'23, 2023 onwards until September 30, 2023, allowing you to get your ₹2000 banknotes exchanged with a per day limit of Rs. 20,000.
Hdfc message.

Atleast we can deposit all 2k notes without any per transaction or day limit. Hope they have informed their staff as well.

rbi notice was clear on deposits.

500 notes around here are already disappearing from shops. even the petrol pump guy said that they are running short of change and are asking people to fill in 2K worth of fuel instead of expecting change.