Dell Imported Laptop warranty status

ISP
BSNL EDGE
Recently purchased a Dell N4050 from a ebay seller, who has imported it from Thailand.
After some days of receiving it, one of the speakers of laptop has been damaged.
Can i get it serviced from Dell India for FREE?
Here is the screenshot of the warranty page on the dell website.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/6175/dellzw.jpg

Dell used to have international coverage for 3 year warranties. i do not believe one year warranty has global coverage. policies might have changed. your best bet would be to contact @dellcares they are the best way to get support from dell i have found. dell india twitter account is useless. their telephone support is horrible. just contact @dellcares.in any case, damage is not covered under warranty. only manufacturing defects are.

i didn't get you ? what do you mean by contact @dellcares? you mean to contact Dell on twitter id @dellcares ?don't know. not used much. think it was damaged when i received it. not sure. bcoz never used any music or game for first two weeks. then found out about it. damaged means in hindi we call it "Awaaz Phatana". don't know the exact words in english for it.

laptop speakers would have that issue if you play music at very loud levels. they are simply not as capable as external speakers. if the sound is phati hui at lower volume levels, i guess they are damaged indeed. i really doubt these would be covered under warranty especially considering the gap between the purchase and today.and yes by @dellcares i meant contacting them on twitter.

you get it open from a non Dell guy, warranty is probably history. i suggest getting it fixed by dell officially. it is unlikely to be an expensive repair. get a quote and then decide. also find out if you can get the warranty transferred to india. also try to get it extended because dell laptops are usually very fragile and it would be a good idea to have at least 3 year long cover on it. samuel would know. he is struggling with his dell. i struggled with mine and in the end stopped using it completely and switched to a desktop.in the end, my personal opinion is that laptops are only worth buying internationally if their warranties are covered globally. and very few company offer that. Apple is one good example. i bought my dell from usa but only after confirming that the three year warranty would be applicable here in india. at that time anything below three years was not covered internationally. and even then i had to fill some online form on their website to transfer the ownership from an american address to an indian address. it was a free process. i get proper support from dell for three years. now the display on that laptop is ****ed up. and getting it repaired officially through dell would cost me more than what the laptop is worth in the second hand market. so i am not getting it repaired at all. it is lying like a paperweight somewhere around here.

Wise thing to do would be just give them a call and avoid getting into buying anything as they pitch all the time.

I guess you can try using this option, not sure if its gonna help or not though:

Ownership Transfer

Well if you even get it repaired .. sound from lappys would sound shitty compared to external speakers. better invest in external speakers for lappy or a good pair of headphones instead of getting lappy's speakers repaired.

You cannot keep the earphones plugged into your ears all the time, can you?External speakers, you can use them but, don't you think it affects the portability of it?